Engine overhaul info

GoldenMotor.com

May 19, 2011
Australia Newcastle
HI all,
I'm just about to get my engine and have seen the blueprint more power from your engine section.
So just wondering should i mod it first or see what it is like first then pull it down?
I'm thinking once its on the bike i wont want to pull it apart.(too much fun).
Bren.

Dr. Dognuts

Apr 10, 2011
Down Under, adl
Hi mate, good to see another aussie on the board. I got my motor from ped-bits, and it is awesome, nothing shaking loose, only adjustments is some clutch cable stretch.

My advise is to give the motor about 400 kms and see what it's like, and then you have a better feel for what improvments it might need.

I used Penrite HI-Per semi synthetic oil at 24:1 for the first 5 litres, and then 32:1, and I've found no smoke or carbon build up. Use a NGK b6 plug, and you should have easy running

\edit to add.. I took it easy at the start, to see/hear if anything was loose or dodgy, then give some stick around the neighbourhood to work the motor. Then take it to the hills and work the motor hard, and my motor is going great. Max speed is 45 km/h, with 26" wheels at 80 psi, now the motor is winding out and revving hard, so I've hit a wall at max speed, but the torque keeps building.

Last edited:

CarpsCustoms

Jan 27, 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
Hey whats up Dr. Dognuts and 1973 and doing an overhaul as well and i was wondering if you guys had any input for my dilemma. My bikeberry motor has 8mm stud holes, but when i ordered a new crankcase from bikeberry it came with 6mm stud holes...is it risky to drill the 6mm's up to 8"s ?????? or should i just send it back and look for a Case with 8mm stud holes instead

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hey whats up Dr. Dognuts and 1973 and doing an overhaul as well and i was wondering if you guys had any input for my dilemma. My bikeberry motor has 8mm stud holes, but when i ordered a new crankcase from bikeberry it came with 6mm stud holes...is it risky to drill the 6mm's up to 8"s ?????? or should i just send it back and look for a Case with 8mm stud holes instead
This thread is several years old CarpsCustoms so I dont even know if these fellas are still hanging around here, I would contact bikeberry and let them know you need a case with the 8mm stud holes, I have an older engine with the 6mm case and the bolt pattern isn't the same as my 8mm engines, not sure if this is the way all of them are or not but I wouldnt drill and tap that case unless I knew for sure the bolt pattern was the same and before I would consider doing it at all I would first contact bikeberry and tell them I needed a different case than the one they sent you.

Did it list in the description that it had 6mm stud holes? That isn't a very common thing anymore since almost all of the china girl engine now have 8mm studs for the cylinder.

Pistonbikes.com has cases and if I remember right boygoesfast on ebay sells just the cases.

Map