what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

The Shimano 11-34t cassettes purchased on ebay arrived this morning. On the way to the bank, I stopped off at the bike shop. They installed the new gears in five minutes, and I thanked them for working so quickly.

This should give me an excellent romp up the parking lot ramp. There is a steep hill on the way home. With a 32t, low gear is 34.91:1. With 34t first gear, the ratio is 37.01:1. It should make some difference, so that I don't have to ride the shoulder..wee.

With an 80-tooth engine chainring, low gear will be 41.21:1. I'm waiting on King Sales and Service to return my PM on the sprocket.

This is with shift kit and Tanaka engine.

Last edited:

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio

Installed my new DAX motor today. Pretty sweet, seems to be alittle bigger than the GT5, not by much. Runs smoother and I finally got try out the new RT carb. Night and day difference in from the CNS, it was running a little lean but that can be fixed. Sadly my new cheap chinese spark plug cap I brought from him fell apart, I was hoping it would of been one that was better than the ones that come with the kit but it's the same. It's a never ending battle.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Got my seized jug off after soaking overnight with oil. Piston and jug were demo'd, I blew it up good. lol. The head and bottom end seems fine though. Oh well, can start breaking in the new motor before my next bike gets here, heh heh.

Attachments

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

It's known that Kiekhaefer Mercury runs a high copper content in their engine castings to lessen galvanic reaction and corrosion.

But Never-Seize is ALWAYS a good idea on ANY important threads !
Especially in aluminum!!!

Family experience tells me the silver Never-Seize product is good down to 14kft submersion, on undersea mining equipment that was impossible to repair prior to it's use, without a torch to cut the nuts off the bolts.

my 2cents
rc

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida

Never-sieze is a must with all bolts, nuts, screws on these engines. If u don't all your bolts and nuts, and screws are going to sieze up. Aluminum, when hot will melt/bind to whatever its in contact with.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I don't use any anti-seize stuff ''at all''on any of my motors except perhaps just on the spark plug threads. . I used this stuff for tune ups in automotive on spark plug threads. Good stuff a little goes a long ways. It can be no time at all and ya got the stuff all over you!~ lollolrotfl

http://www.permatex.com/products/au...ubricants/Permatex_Anti-Seize_Lubricant_a.htm

For a replacement ''usually just the motor mount bolts'' But I am a big six foot guy. Somebody will post that is much shorter and weighs a 100 pounds with a completely different story lolrotfl. I typically use ''non stainless'' grade 5 bolts or the black grade 8 cap bolts with blue Loctite. Note loctite is not necessary on every fastener. My bike will not be in the lake or an ocean.

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

Took a spin into the center of town and bought six more teeny, tiny little drill bits to fix the burble my carbs are creating... got 65 thru 68 last time, all too big... got 70 thru 75 this time.
lol #69 which I missed will somehow be THE one I need!

Went blazing past the radar speed sign again... and I remembered abt it in time.
It said 17mph, then I gave it all she had and got it up to 21mph. lol
Felt like playing a pinball machine! How high can I run up the score before the ball drops???? lol

Gonna work on the carbs and test it there soon.
rc

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I second all you said here GH, I use anti seize on the spark plug and then I use Blue Loctite on the mounting bolts for engine to frame and the intake bolts, nothing else really seems to need it in my experience.....

Peace

I don't use any anti-seize stuff ''at all''on any of my motors except perhaps just on the spark plug threads. . I used this stuff for tune ups in automotive on spark plug threads. Good stuff a little goes a long ways. It can be no time at all and ya got the stuff all over you!~ lollolrotfl

http://www.permatex.com/products/au...ubricants/Permatex_Anti-Seize_Lubricant_a.htm

For a replacement ''usually just the motor mount bolts'' But I am a big six foot guy. Somebody will post that is much shorter and weighs a 100 pounds with a completely different story lolrotfl. I typically use ''non stainless'' grade 5 bolts or the black grade 8 cap bolts with blue Loctite. Note loctite is not necessary on every fastener. My bike will not be in the lake or an ocean.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I'd suggest that you may start with the #73 and put the carb needle clip on the second from the top notch, I dont think you will need to be concerned about not having the #69 that is even bigger than any of my original jets probably 73 + or - 1 will get you where you need to be.

Good Luck.....and Happy Riding

Peace

Took a spin into the center of town and bought six more teeny, tiny little drill bits to fix the burble my carbs are creating... got 65 thru 68 last time, all too big... got 70 thru 75 this time.
lol #69 which I missed will somehow be THE one I need!

Went blazing past the radar speed sign again... and I remembered abt it in time.
It said 17mph, then I gave it all she had and got it up to 21mph. lol
Felt like playing a pinball machine! How high can I run up the score before the ball drops???? lol

Gonna work on the carbs and test it there soon.
rc

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I like it Wm,

I'll bet that thing is pretty darn quite, how does the engine run and pull with that set up?

Bottom line here is that I just flat out like your trike.....I may have to build one myself down the road.

Peace

took pictures of my trailer park style extended exhaust system

http://trybridbicycles.com/hybridbicycles/exhaust1.jpg

http://trybridbicycles.com/hybridbicycles/exhaust2.jpg

It's just a temp to keep the oil off of the bike and the wife...

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California

I like it Wm,

I'll bet that thing is pretty darn quite, how does the engine run and pull with that set up?

Bottom line here is that I just flat out like your trike.....I may have to build one myself down the road.

Peace
Thanks,
I feel like the midrange may be snappier since the lengthen...the mechanics of the motor are still noisey...but the burbles out back..LOL!!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Reapplied muffler sealer to the retention bolt on my clutch. I find it works much better then loc-tite for bolts that get hot or warm.

Thinking about swapping the HF79cc for a 99cc Predator. Aside from the extra cc's is a much better looking engine and being black, would match the Riverside's color scheme.

But after looking at Goat Herder's Morini, might opt for the big time upgrade. dunno

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast

Used the MAB for it's intended purpose today.
Worked GREAT!
Only prob I had was sorting out my freight... Must build a basket !
Mechanically, the kit petcocks for the peanut tank leak externally. Maybe I'll be able to change it out today for one off my generator. I think they are abt the same size???
Stopped by the puddle for a photo op. :)
rc

Attachments

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

Used the MAB for it's intended purpose today.
Worked GREAT!
Only prob I had was sorting out my freight... Must build a basket !
Mechanically, the kit petcocks for the peanut tank leak externally. Maybe I'll be able to change it out today for one off my generator. I think they are abt the same size???
Stopped by the puddle for a photo op. :)
rc
I have replaced them with some from NAPA, just run a 1/8 pipe tap in the spigot first, and use a little gasket sealer on the threads

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL Wayne.

MBs, is there any thing they can't do? Create relationships, reduce divorce rates and cure male pattern balding.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Rode to work today. The 34t first gear works like a charm. Yesterday, my bike rode up the steep hill with no problems. At work, i bought the electronic card key to activate the "arm" for the building parking access. Since the sensor is about 30 feet from the ramp, I get a running start now. The bike climbs the ram so well that I can even shift out of first gear before reaching the top..wee.