19 mph and love it

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I built my bike to run errands. Go to the store and the bank now and then. Sure out to lunch as well. So I never wanted a fast bike. I wanted it slow and able to go up and down the hills around my house. They call the town I live in High Point for a reason.

So after riding around on a bike for a while I down graded to a 20" rear wheel. I still have the standard 44t sprocket. I got to be curious as to what the top speed was on the bike. I have been guessing 20mph on the flats and twelve on the hills.

I got curious enough to buy a speedometer one of those digital things. So I checked it today on a short run between the rain showers. It looks pretty consistent at 19mph on the flat and 15 on the small hills and 14 on the bigger ones. Now on a really big hill I would expect it to go down to 10 or 12 unassisted. The bike fits exactly what I wanted it to do.

I hope the weed eater bike will do as well but not any faster. If it is faster I'll just change to a smaller friction wheel.

I LOVE MY BIKE

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Sometimes I feel like I wandered into the wrong place lol... way over half the posts are about making the bike go faster, I think I might be the only one who intentionally made the bike go slower. I think that makes me really out of step with bike lovers, but heck I always try to fit in and be just one of the masses.

So maybe there is rebellion in my refusing to conform to this rebellion. lol

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Deacon what would you call a rebellious rebel? rotfl
I think that would be a Sunni if i were Muslim and not Baptist.

I spit in the face of the conformity of popular rebellion.

Ps I rode my bike today and discovered that it is truly a hybred.

I had to pedal ten strokes in five miles of riding. See some of us do our part to be green lol.

Riding the dirtiest engine in the world to save gas, now that is another case of quiet rebellion.

REMEMBER to drive carefully: the life you save might be the guy who owes me money.

Random thoughts from the padded room.... I think I need to start a thread called that lol....

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
its all about making your motorized bicycle personalized to you. some like to go fast, some like comfort and some like style. good job deacon (^)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
First you do what you have to do. Then if there is anything left, you do what you wanna' do. The delivery chopper is doin' what I gotta do, the weed eater is going to be doing what I wanna' do.

Of course it will still be street legal lol. Under 25mph max. Downhill, dropped from an airplane, going through the air after a collision with a speeding truck. ect.