Nova represents

GoldenMotor.com

Jgredd

Apr 4, 2016
Northern Virgina
Hello, just signed in. Looking for some guidance on my first build. I'm thinking about making this a father/son build. Are there any NOVA people in here for local support. I'm considering a stretch beach curser.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for help and advice with your first motorized bicycle project. It's always good to see a Father/Son team enjoying this hobby together.
If and when you need help just ask or try our 'Search' which will usually have lots of good information on every subject to guide you.
Good Luck and have fun.

Not sure what you mean by NOVA people. Maybe another member can help you there.

Tom

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

By NOVA, I'll guess you mean Northern Virginia. Is that right? And a motorized bike could come in handy if they do shut down the DC Metro for six months. (Yikes! That could be troublesome)

Anyway........few of us are lucky enough to find someone knowledgeable right nearby. But it's probably better that way. The reason is that the operator of a motorized bike really must be his own mechanic. Otherwise the downtime will be ridiculous. They are temperamental and most bikes require pretty constant tweaking. That is, until you 'get the hang of it'. And even then the bike will demand your attention.

But here's the good news: it's really not all that hard to learn it and to do it. And it's very rewarding. If you can trudge your way through the inevitable headaches and frustrations, then you'll find that you'll have a blast.

There's great info and help to be found here. Definitely use this forum as a resource. This place has saved me from making errors that I surely would have made otherwise.

Good luck and have fun.