Noob attempts a Felt MP build: Have mercy on me.

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I accidentally had a stuck horn button, after installing a cheap button, while in my house, and lost all hearing for about 5 seconds. laff

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Like I said before really nice build. Can't wait To see done. What parts are you waiting for?
EZM Q-Matic is on the way!! I already paid for it. I sawed off the Felt kickstand mount and replaced it with a double leg. I sat my boney butt on my choppers-us seat and the plastic seat pan split in half from the left side to the right were I jerry-rigged some mounting screws to a sawed off layback seat post. I will end up tossing the $60 seat and the $25 layback seat post into the trash can. Right now I'm ordering a full-on motorcycle custom bobber leather seat (same dimensions as seat I have now) on eBay. After 3 different seats and 3 seat posts, I'm officially done with bicycle seats and seat posts forever! FOREVER! LOL

:-||

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Awesome build! Definiatly gonna be a show stopper.
Thanks much. I'm trying my best. I think I've made every mistake I could possibly make on this bike but luckily they are hardly noticeable or easily camouflaged. It's been enough to make me wanna pull the hair out of my head. I won't make them again. I'll be happy when I get the tranny on there, then I will road test it until the wheels fall off or I get t-boned by a city bus. Whichever comes first. LOL

brnot

Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Thanks much. I'm trying my best. I think I've made every possible mistake I could possibly make on this bike but luckily they are hardly noticeable. It's been enough to make me wanna pull the hair out of my head. I won't make them again. I'll be happy when I get the tranny on there, then I will road test it until the wheels fall off or I get t-boned by a city bus. Whichever comes first. LOL

brnot
LOL, mistakes. A great craftsman is judged by how good he can fix his mistakes. Anyone who is actualy doing something is gonna make mistakes.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
LOL, mistakes. A great craftsman is judged by how good he can fix his mistakes. Anyone who is actualy doing something is gonna make mistakes.
That's so true. I learned a whole lot and I didn't have much to go by before I made my mistakes so I just went for it and tried my best to camouflage what I jacked up. I gots no regrets other than the time it's taken me to get this far. It's been a long road.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Really and truly, makes it worth the cost.

LOL, Ya should see my scrap pile. Is almost scary and I really don't wanna know what it cost. I tell Mrs. it is the "Spare Parts Pile"

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Q-Matic is mounted and running great! Hit 25 MPH and was still accelerating but I have a very short street book-ended by a stop sign and stop light. Rear tire is too wide though and chain is skipping off the tires sidewall. Left side 170mm crank is too long and I had to cut it down for now. Ordered a 152mm crank arm and two 24"x2.10" tires. I love the 24x3's but I can't have the chain bouncing off the sidewall. I'm crazy but I'm not that crazy. 25 MPH on a bike feels like 60 and the hydraulic disk brake is working overtime to slow me back down. xct2