Hello Again from Salisbury, MD

GoldenMotor.com

gerichardson

Jul 20, 2008
Salisbury, MD
Hello again,

I posted a Hello a week or so ago but maybe it didn't take. I have learned much from these forums and excited to be here. Many thanks to all who have contributed their experiences. I have always wanted to put a motor on a bicycle and now I am doing it.

My project bike is a 24" Nashbar Grasshopper. I'm using a "80cc" (or what ever) engine kit. I will post some pictures of my progress.

I'd like to talk to anyone in the Salisbury, MD area who is working on motorizing bikes.

--George Richardson

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello George, Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us :)

I would say it did not take as well...looks like you have made only one post.

:ride2:

gerichardson

Jul 20, 2008
Salisbury, MD
Thanks for the very nice welcome. I have been test riding my Nashbar Grasshopper for the past week, trying to break in the engine as suggested and checking for loose bolts etc. I did find that things loosed up such as the rear sprocket nuts, the handle bars and the chain tension idler.

It has been a blast! I have an easy 4 mile commute to work that I plan on using the bike for now that I am comfortable with it.

After the first few rides with I realized a suspension fork would be nice so added one from EBay. It uses a 26 inch wheel while the rear is 24". The steering geometry didn't change much but the comfort was well worth it (especially at 15-18 mph). Also added some beefier brakes for the front.

After a few more rides I realized that a more cushioned seat and suspension seat post would be nice. It is very nice. I can negotiate the bumps in the road with more confidence.

My wife did the logo for my gas tank. I was referring to the bike as my Harley and she said "Hardly!". That's where the idea came from.

I'll try to attach some pictures.

--George

Attachments