Hello from Pennsylvania

GoldenMotor.com

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
where in Pa. I'm in Lebanon. lots of bikes here.
I live 1/2 hour above Scranton- in Gibson. When we went to the PA Farm Show in Harrisburg, we could've stopped by! Do you have expansion pipes or shift kits installed?

Check out the motorizedbicycles map on Frapper! (I can't post links.) I'm on the map!

Last edited:

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Re again: Hello from Pennsylvania

That rally looks like a really cool event! I would really like to come, but I don't know if it's possible(hey, I have half a year to think about it!) Do the bikes there need to be licensed or have lights or anything? (I'm 16 years old, no permit or license yet :( What is the schedule/ what goes on? Times? It sounds like everyone goes on a drive, talks, etc. This is pretty cool. It would be nice to meet other bike people! I have a 2-stroke and am planning on an exp pipe. Do you have any experience with shift kits/pipes? I'm looking for more info before i buy anything. Thanks for the info!

-Stevo
check out my youtube channel- stevolandis

Last edited:

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
Hey stevolandis, welcome to this forum. I am also from PA and 16 too. I was at jbcruisin's rally last year and it was great. Everyone was very nice and we went on some good rides on nice back country roads. Don't worry about the lights/licence/etc at the rally. At last years event, I did not have my bike registered, or have a licence or permit, but now I do.

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
I post every now and then, but then again, I don't have much to say. So Jay how are you doing lately, we've been getting a lot of snow lately so that kept me busy for awhile.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Thanks for the welcome! OCC- you're the same distance from my grandparents as JB. I found out my uncle George lives near Lebanon- maybe we could visit him in August and come to the rally- it'd be a place to stay since the rally's a 2-hour drive away.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I post every now and then, but then again, I don't have much to say. So Jay how are you doing lately, we've been getting a lot of snow lately so that kept me busy for awhile.
I heard you southerners got 2+ feet of snow! That's not something you're used to! Up in the north, we got about 6-8 inches :(

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
When we visited our Uncle George, he took us around and showed us a bunch of Amish countryside. It's beautiful. Camera country! Around here, we have hills and woods(It's beautiful in the fall) , but we don't have an old culture like Lancaster County.

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
Yea we got about 25" of snow, then again 6 days later the same thing. There is still about a foot on the ground. JB is just a little over an hour from where I live. Your drive of 2 hours is not that far for a rally. In August 2008 we drove all the way to upstate New York (3+ hour drive) to Orange County Choppers for a bike show where my bike won 1st place.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Yay! we just got another entire 1/2" of snow! I'm still working out some bugs in my bike- I accidentally got a paper towel in my exhaust pipe. Here's the story- The pipe was getting rusty, so i scrubbed it and painted it. Whilst it was drying, i put a paper towel in the exhaust port(not into the engine) to keep dirt from getting in. Then, i drove the engine to see how strong it was w/o the pipe. I never thought about the paper. Then, i stuck the pipe back on, and after a little bit, it was really weak. Without the pipe, it's really strong, with it, it's weak. I think the paper must be in the pipe. So, I'm going to cut it in half and pull out the insides- some people do that for more power. Also, my digital speedometer don't work none- i tink it's the cold weather.