Mechanic Bike Stand

GoldenMotor.com

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
does anybody know where to get a good but reasonable price of a Mechanic Bike Stand? I think is also key to a sucessfull MB built. It will make the project a lot easier.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
A bike stand is another NEED I have, sure would come in handy when taking off the rear wheel. Now when I need to remove the rear wheel I tie the front handle bars to a bannister to hold the bike up. With the double kick stand down most of the weight is in the rear and it wants to go that way. Pain in the rear, in the old days use to just turn it upside down. Removing the front wheel is a snap with the double kick stand down.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
KEVRON I have a pro park stand in my shop.I also use a bumper mount carrier that fits in a 2 inch hitch,i welded a hitch under one of my work benches and use it in the shop or on the truck.H.D.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
good price on the Stand. Can it handle the weight of an MB. It show it can only handle 13lbs
That's how much the stand weighs. The problem with the Harbor Freight stand is that it holds the bike by supporting the bottom bracket (part where the peddle crank goes through) and the down tube (tube from the fork to the bottom bracket). Unfortunately on most motorbike builds the muffler hangs in front of the down tube so you cannot support a motor bike on this type of stand. Unless you wish to remove your muffler every time you work on your bike, I'd pass on this stand.

Most likely the best type of stand to use with a motorbike is the type that clamps to the seat tube. Park tool makes several models that will work.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Wife got me a Park Tool PCs-10 for my birthday in Aug and I love it. Previously I was using a double fold out hook mounted to some shelving. The old method worked but since it was just a hook, the bike had a tendency to slide based on distribution of weight.

The Park Tool Stand is plenty strong enough to hold a MB with a full tank of gas.
Amazon.com: Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand: Sports & Outdoors
Its nice that legs fold up so that it doesn't take up much storage space in a corner.