Share your custom gas tank!

GoldenMotor.com

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
not nearly as nice as most of the tanks on here but I just made this out of an old gallon can of what was some industrial slag from the 60s. Soldered in a petcock and a vent cap. It works perfect and I think it sort of compliments the bike its on.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here's a steel and fiberglass tank I built for the Easy Rider Chopper.
I used a large steel peanut tank and formed a fiberglass shell around it to give it the right shape. Holds 1.2 Gal.

Tom
All you have to do now Tom is have Peter Fonda or Dennis Hopper autograph it.....you could become famous! Or just have a cool tank with some note worthy signatures on it :D

I'll bet KC Vale is green with envy over this tank :D Tank you very much ;)

.wee.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
All you have to do now Tom is have Peter Fonda or Dennis Hopper autograph it.....you could become famous! Or just have a cool tank with some note worthy signatures on it :D

I'll bet KC Vale is green with envy over this tank :D Tank you very much ;)

.wee.
Actually Scott, I tried to get Fonda to do it. I had his contact info and sent a picture of the bike and requested a response. They apparently weren't impressed. Never heard back from them.
And I'm too late for Mr.Hopper. He left us a while back.

Tom

siouxindian

Jan 4, 2013
tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
Actually Scott, I tried to get Fonda to do it. I had his contact info and sent a picture of the bike and requested a response. They apparently weren't impressed. Never heard back from them.
And I'm too late for Mr.Hopper. He left us a while back.

Tom
i was glad the got Dennis hopper star on the sidewalk before his awful death prostate cancer. men have prostate cancer to worry a bought woman have breast cancer to worry a bought i wish peter Fonda would have gotten back to you and signed your tank he really likes motorcycles maybe try him again or his agent . good luck and your easy rider bike i love it!!!!drn2 drn2 .crt.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Wish that photo was bigger, DRBS. It looks cool, what I can see of it. Are those lightening bolts? Looks like a bobber tank similar to mine that I did some gold ghost flames on

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice tank DRBS, not too sure the electricity and gasoline are very safe outside of the combustion chamber though.....some sort of a ground rod may be in order there :D