new to the community, and new to motorbicycling

GoldenMotor.com

dan novinger

Oct 31, 2008
western missouri
I haven't bought a bicycle for 35 years, but I'd like to buy & build a motorbicycle for running to the grocery store, and for the fun of building it. Eager to learn of others experiences and share mine as I have them. Have electronics background, but not sure how much I'll be able to use that since this seems to be a mostly mechanical endeavor, unless I build a hybrid. Seems like a hybrid might weigh too much....motor, alternator, battery, engine....hmmmmm. Looking forward to sharing with the community.

regards,
Dan [denoving]

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Welcome to the forum Dan.
You'll find out that there will be a few options to choose from. Your choices will be: 4 or 2 cycle motors or frame or rack mounted motors. I recommend a gas motor over an electric just because of the greater distance you can ride.
Have fun building your bike and try not to get too addicted like most of us here!:D J/K

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. You would probably enjoy an electric motor more, given your background, but you will not have as much range and the batteries are very heavy if you have to run on leg power. Try to develop a hybrid so that we get the best of both worlds. Cheers.