Had to join!

GoldenMotor.com

tiretrx

Mar 2, 2012
East End of Long Island
Hi all! My name is Ellis. Been intrigued by homebuilt motorized bikes for quite some time. Came across this site about 2 weeks ago, and have just about lived here since. Great site! I own a machine shop, weld and just love building stuff. Seems like a sharing environment here, with some very talented people, both with skill set, and ingenuity. I'm leaning towards building a BTR when I feel I have a good plan together. Hope you don't mind a sponge with lots of questions. Thanks!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ellis, we're glad you've found and joined the best group of people to share the hobby of motorized bicycles with.
With your skills and experience we expect big things from you. Only kidding. No pressure. Just enjoy the forum. And, share with us what you build. Good luck, have fun, ride safe.
Tom

uumotor

Feb 26, 2012
china
I met this forum and found most bike are gas engine motorized bike, few people like electrice motorized bikes

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
welcome aboard a machine shop ...Im with 2 door we expect big things. Most of us only have home/garage/shops.I only have 3 axis mill, small shear/brake press press all 30+ years old. Hobart handler w/gas even older. English wheel which Im still mastering, 16 ton tube bender, Drill press all harbor freight. Just remember we love pics and take your time, be safe and enjoy they are a blast Both to build and ride. Love getting that WTF look.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here are my guidelines for building:

1) Predominant riding terrain.
2) Primary rider's physique.
3) Lookup and read local legal requirements.
4) Type of bike.
5) Budget.

Stay within these guidelines and you'll have a bike you can enjoy riding. Good luck with your build.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard TT!
Glad you decided to join up!!!

These are dandy little things because they are so handy.
Unlike performance car stuff that is bigger, heavier, and more expensive, and racy motorcycles that have exotic hi-priced parts and obscene speeds when they come together. lol

If you build to join the Fabulous 20mph Club :) you will have a useful little critter that can be used nearly every day, with a grin!

UU...
Most of us LIKE the electric bikes... the motors and batteries are just SO expensive!
I can see you represent a mfg, which is all well and good, and certainly welcome!, but it's real difficult to beat the utility of an ICE at this point in time.

Best
rc

tiretrx

Mar 2, 2012
East End of Long Island
Thanks for the warm welcome, and encouraging words, they are appreciated. Still planning and running ideas through my mind as far as my 1st bike build. I have learned quite a bit at this site. I'm in the process of finishing up a custom garden tractor build right now. When that's complete, I'll be jumping in with both feet. I'll be sure to share the process here, and asking a lot more questions along the way.

Ellis

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
welcome aboard a machine shop ...Im with 2 door we expect big things. Most of us only have home/garage/shops.I only have 3 axis mill, small shear/brake press press all 30+ years old. Hobart handler w/gas even older. English wheel which Im still mastering, 16 ton tube bender, Drill press all harbor freight. Just remember we love pics and take your time, be safe and enjoy they are a blast Both to build and ride. Love getting that WTF look.

I have a dremel, a drill, some files, a hacksaw, a set of wrenches, a hammer, a small air compressor, and a spray gun.
here's what I built without all that fansy-schmanzy equipment. :) (of corse, I'm only exaggerating about my tools. I really don't have THAT many.)

Last edited: