Not a mock up anymore

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
For all the guys following this build an giving me advice , WOW is it coming together nicely last night I got this far before I felt I was rushing the build an just stopped , well that an the lack of a few parts. here it is about a 1/3rd through . got the wiring harness made an in place the motor , exhaust an ignition mounted an the front end on . these pics actualy show that color closer to its intended look.

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
took a few days off the mb an tonight I converted the turn sigs an tail lamps taken straight off of my triumph to led with the leds from superbrightleds.com an a lil bit of patience fitting some old but working sockets scavenged from wrecks here , an a few stainless hose clamps an a old radiator bushing , I used the metal backing from the rag joint to make the front mounts , an the left over peices from the headlamp brackets welded them together an then tacked a nut to the center for the rear brackets rubber mounted them all an heres the results .

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Right before I left my shop last night I went digging through a box of old electrical components , wires, lights ,switches you know a box of jus (decent) junk . Then found a set of 12 volt strobes an their switches - then hooked them up to my battery booster an they worked ! I'm thinking they would look killer in the headlights as a detail for when parked now an then .
am I sick ?! ....I think so ! but I love it !!

vincent713

Jun 2, 2010
Dallas
Do you think this bike will be hard to pedal being the fork sorta raked out? I think this bike deserves a real engine, the HT engine doesn't give it justice. Just something you might want to think about in the long future. the bike is looking GREAT! Keep up the good work.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
nah I love that lil motor cause it dances that fine line between motorcycle an bicycle. when I used to just pedal it around, it was easy riding. about the only problem you get with lots of rake is if you dont lean into your corners it dosent want to corner at all , as I have since learned when ya rake them out you change a bikes trail , it wont stop me from raking another one tho .

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I am finishing this build in thread mock up kinda rough in stretch cruizers an choppers.
if any one would like to know .