Yup! Another Cranny build.

GoldenMotor.com

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
Hay Gary, what will the wheels look like? lookin good. i vote red wheeles to match the seat rails! people love my black schwinn with red rims over my blue/ tan Cranny

click me
View attachment 39035

click me
View attachment 39036
I saw your bike today and I was thinking the same thing. I really like those red rims and am thinking of doing the same thing. I have some red M/C grips coming and I think another "Splash" of red would look sweet!

Sweet build bro! :)

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio
Looks slick with the new paint job, nice job. What did you use? I was gonna paint mine last week but wanted to ride...well I ended up having to wait anyways to buy parts. So there has been two whole weeks I could of painted down the crapper.

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
Looks slick with the new paint job, nice job. What did you use? I was gonna paint mine last week but wanted to ride...well I ended up having to wait anyways to buy parts. So there has been two whole weeks I could of painted down the crapper.
Thanks.

The frame was done with Rust Oleum flat black and the tank was done with Krylon flat black. I like the Krylon better. After mock up Ill tear it all down and go over it with Krylon flat black.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Hay Gary, what will the wheels look like? lookin good. i vote red wheeles to match the seat rails! people love my black schwinn with red rims over my blue/ tan Cranny

click me
View attachment 39035

click me
View attachment 39036

Wait, why are there Schwinn stickers on the bike?

Gary, what's the fork you're running? I ordered a Sunlite with brake bosses. Just curious as to how it fit. Also, what's the buggy in your avatar? I'm also into R/C! Have a ridiculously overpowered Slash 4x4 with a Neu 2200kv on 6s, Hot Bodies D8 Tekno conversion on 6s, and a Neu-powered 4s Mini Revo. Atleast that's what's left after thinning the herd for this new hobby! ;)

Last edited:

freitag

Mar 18, 2011
portland
Dude i love the springer, how much and what vendor/brand. I am thinking of doing a cranny build as well. Doing alot of research cause i am a newbie. Got a skyhawk 66cc and cant wait. Keep us posted.... Thanks

freitag

Mar 18, 2011
portland
Thanks for the quick reply! How's the build coming along? Any major issues? You should post a pic of the finished product when you have time...

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
Thanks for the quick reply! How's the build coming along? Any major issues? You should post a pic of the finished product when you have time...
Will do! I'm still waiting on some things like the engine kit, bars and the brakes. When/if I get the engine Ill tear it down and do all those things suggested like replacing all the threaded fasteners and making sure the head and base are flat. I might even do a little porting! :)

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
So much for the ape hanger bar idea. I don't like the look or the feel so I ordered some flat bars with 15* sweep back. I'm going back to the bobber, board tracker look. Although I'm from East L.A., I'm a Texas Redneck. lol

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
Thank you Piston Bikes. :D

Now the tear down begins. Maybe a little porting and I think I can improve the piston port timing. Maybe stuff the crank. :)

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
This is the intake and it's pretty bad and in no way can I totally clean it up without making a new intake. That's a little more work than I'm willing to do but just cleaning this up may add 1/10 of a hp. Note the edge on the intake flange where it's welded to the pipe.

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
The base gasket was installed upside down.

At TDC there is a LOT of piston skirt showing. This area will be removed to allow more fuel to get into the crankcase.

And the transfer ports could use some cleaning up.

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
Got a little more work done today and I'm debating weather or not to split the cases and match up the transfer ports. They are pretty bad and I ain't sure it's worth the effort.

Cleaned up the exhaust port a little.

The flange and the exhaust is just too bad to do at home with a Dremel. Ill have to take it to work and put it in the mill.

Got the bottom of the skirt cut.

Got the head partially polished and may leave it as it is. If I do any more polishing I may be removing more material thus reducing compression.

droc089

Jun 25, 2011
ohio
So much for the ape hanger bar idea. I don't like the look or the feel so I ordered some flat bars with 15* sweep back. I'm going back to the bobber, board tracker look. Although I'm from East L.A., I'm a Texas Redneck. lol

This makes me wanna get some apes now lol. Always thought the ones on choppers where to high and looked way uncomfortable, but those look just right. Looking good, dig the pics man especially that shiny piston.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
Wait, why are there Schwinn stickers on the bike?

Gary, what's the fork you're running? I ordered a Sunlite with brake bosses. Just curious as to how it fit. Also, what's the buggy in your avatar? I'm also into R/C! Have a ridiculously overpowered Slash 4x4 with a Neu 2200kv on 6s, Hot Bodies D8 Tekno conversion on 6s, and a Neu-powered 4s Mini Revo. Atleast that's what's left after thinning the herd for this new hobby! ;)

well if you read what i said i was comparing the looks and comments i get on my SCHWINN , which is black with red rims, compared to my blue/tan cranny... is that ok? sorry if i confused you....