May have found a new tank option!

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Flatblack,
I agree. It looks like it would fit the top bar and sit lower than the kit peanut tank. It doesn't give the capacity but it appears it would hold a little more than the kit tank too.
Let us know if you try it.
Nice find. Thanks for sharing.
Tom

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If memory serves me right, that is for decoration only. It's not really a gas tank, but a shell made to look like one. The actual gas tank on the Baja Warrior mounts on top of the engine.
Edit:
Looking at this picture of a Baja Heat, you can see the actual fuel tank on top of the engine and you can see the hollow underneath of the faux fuel tank.
Baja Motor Sports | Baja Heat Mini Bike - CARB

Last edited:

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Well, crap! Didn't even notice that. I had been looking around the Tractor Supply site stumbled on the minibike and started researching the tank a bit. Oh well!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
2 of my younger brothers have the mini bikes that those decrative pieces come on, Tractor supply is where the mini bike were bought and yes they are only for decoration and would not function as a takn unless you take 2doors advice and use "fake gas"

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
Does anyone know how to modify a HT to run on fake gas? This would amount to an incredible savings in fuel costs.

/What oil mix would you recommend with fake gas? xD

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Don't know where to buy 'fake' gasoline but I'd use Opti-2...cause some call it 'fake oil' . At 100:1 there really isn't enough oil there to matter. :)
Tom