loving my first build and want some friends on here :P

GoldenMotor.com

ratrod

Feb 7, 2011
Australia
this **** is addictive i am only running it in but cant wipe the smerk of my face auflg
Welcome 23ronnie nice bike just watch out for your rear fender they will come loose the nut and bolt isn't safe they will whip under your rear tyre and if your in traffic it can go very wrong for you.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Hey there :)

I just want to say as your running it in check for loose fasteners all over the bike. The vibration shakes these things like crazy until they break-in but smooth out over time. Keep a close eye on the head studs and check the torque after it cools off several times over the break-in period. Don't do it hot, everything is so expanded from heat false readings will throw things off. One thing I'd advise is take the stock acorn nuts off and chuck them into a dumpster, they have no place on a engine. Get some real good nuts from a nut-and-bolt place and get rid of that problem from the start.

Any questions ask away and read as much as you can. Lots of information scattered all over the placedance1

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes 23ronnie, welcome to the contageous disease that we love so much, I doubt there is a cure for this one laff Push bikes don't get any better than this....they just don't! Have a blast and spread the disease.....you'll have plenty of friends to ride with in no time (^)

Cheers dnut

23ronnie

Apr 16, 2011
perth,Austrailia
any one got any quick home job mods 4 the exhaust gonna get an expansion chamber eventualy but it dont look like ther is much availible around my way and it seems lots of people recomend the sbp one so will probably have to order one then play the waiting game. gonna get a better plug thursday dont know what type yet any suggestions?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
NGK of course with a BP5HS, B6HS leading the pack. I'd advise the BP5HS, it's probably the hottest plug you should use and best with the oil/fuel ratio recommended by manufacturers. There are platinum and iridium plugs, too. I'd leave them until you really get into modding the motor. A high compression motor pretty much needs one. Just keep an eye on the plug, check it for too rich and too lean conditions.

And as far as fuel/oil ratio goes many are recommending a 16:1 ratio, too rich. 24:1 is good for the first gallon or 4 liters then 32:1. There are some using a product called "Opti" or something like that and runs 100:1. I'm old(school) and that just isn't enough oil but there have been no reported failures from it...

There is another pipe. I have no experence with it. I call it the banana pipe. Problem with it is that there needs to be a length of straight pipe before the expansion chamber. It's used to tune the pipe. Changing this pipe effects the RPM the pipe really starts to work. Without it the pipe leaves a lot on the table as far as power production is concerned. Yeah, they make more power but not like they should. Some experimenting with a head pipe would lead to power gains I'm sure.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
:D

More than happy to help out. These motors need so much work all the time it plays into a modifiers hands. Plus there's an aweful lot of bad information, too.

The opportunity to do mods really attracted me, I'm a hot rodder at heart. The motors come down the pipe choked off to meet whatever standards which leaves a lot of room for a varity of upgrades.

Got just one more thing: if you have a tap set use it. Many times the holes in the motor are not tapped to the bottom leading to pulling the threads right out of the block. Here in the US we have Harbour Freight, a internet tool house. They have a good Chinese made tap set in metric for under $12 American. I'm sure a tap set couldn't be much more than that in Auzzie Land. This involves mainly the head studs and intake and exhaust studs. Cheap way to cut costs, I'm sure they're doing it by hand so short-tapping the holes is a way to speed up production.