Dan+1's 1st build

GoldenMotor.com

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
More fun than a grown man should be allowed to have. I spent the afternoon working on my bicycle. I removed the decals and cleaned off the glue. I took the fenders off also. I will probably fab up something down the road but for now will go with the bobber look.

I went over the spokes, fork handle bars and seat mounts checking and adjusting for tightness. Checked the drive crank and sprocket also.

I decided that the sheep, chickens, cows and dog should get used to seeing me roaming around on the bicycle at the farm so I went for a ride. Going brrrurr ummm brrrrr all the time, cows got kind of freaky, the pup thinks it was dandy fun. I can’t wait until the engine kit comes in.

1st build will be a 26" Huffy Good Vibrations. I picked up the bike yesterday.

The engine will be a silver Slant big mount 80CC Bicycle motor kit X80. According to fed ex the engine is in transit.

I am in rural Texas, not any bike shops around close, besides I am kind of a DYS kind of guy anyway.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
LOL, is that a CNN van a comun down the road now. Let me take my dentures out so i can get on TV.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
The engine
Arrived at FedEx location
FORT WORTH, TX

same state now. already got a flat to fix on the bike... LOL.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
The engine
Arrived at FedEx location
FORT WORTH, TX

same state now. already got a flat to fix on the bike... LOL.
I put those extra thick " flat proof " tubes in mine and no more flats so far, since I ride a lot on country back roads and many of them are dirt roads, I think the thick tubes are a real good idea, at the bike peddler in Brownwood he has them and they are very reasonably priced best I remember, I had a tube blow out on me running about 30MPH on the rear of my first build and sent me into the bar ditch and all over the dang road trying to get that sucker shut down, i was a wild ride there for a few seconds, to bad someone didnt get on camera, I'm sure it was pretty dang funny to watch...........LOL

After that event it didn't take me long to get some good tubes in my tires and the hicky I pinched up in that bike seat was epic...........! Not really of coarse but I did come close to severly messing up a perfectly good pair of underwear....!

My wife got a dang good laugh at me over that little deal and said I need to up my life insurance because I was gonna kill myself on that dang bike.....!

.bf. .duh.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Yes he had them I also picked up a brake for the front, 8.00 for the tubes i got 4 and 12 for the brake assembly.

Went by tractor supply and picked up some oil for the dozer, they had a neat little chain tenioner on clearenc for 7.00 so i grabbed it just in case.

I put those extra thick " flat proof " tubes in mine and no more flats so far, since I ride a lot on country back roads and many of them are dirt roads, I think the thick tubes are a real good idea, at the bike peddler in Brownwood he has them and they are very reasonably priced best I remember, I had a tube blow out on me running about 30MPH on the rear of my first build and sent me into the bar ditch and all over the dang road trying to get that sucker shut down, i was a wild ride there for a few seconds, to bad someone didnt get on camera, I'm sure it was pretty dang funny to watch...........LOL

After that event it didn't take me long to get some good tubes in my tires and the hicky I pinched up in that bike seat was epic...........! Not really of coarse but I did come close to severly messing up a perfectly good pair of underwear....!

My wife got a dang good laugh at me over that little deal and said I need to up my life insurance because I was gonna kill myself on that dang bike.....!

.bf. .duh.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Alright Dan,

Good deal glad you were able to get the stuff, so far that fella has been real good about me getting stuff for my bikes, I guess as long as we are putting money in his pocket he doesnt care what we are doing with it....I'd be the same way.

Shan dnut

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Yeahh and tlaking with him he and wife were friendly, not hung up on the high dollor stuff.
Pays attention to the quality of his parts and bikes also.