Billet Manifold for new grubee engines, where??

GoldenMotor.com

skuzzy

Jul 19, 2009
Australia
The new Grubee starfire 58cc engines have a larger sized intake.

The mounting bolts in the engine are wider apart now, which means it is really difficult to get a billet intake manifold for this new engine design.The mounting bolts are at the same distance as the exhaust mount bolts.

Your Performance Billet alloy intake manifold from manic mechanic or Rock solid engines does not fit this engine.

I had to make up a temporary adapter to fit my billet manifold on. I have a tight fitting frame, I have 2mm gap between my carby and frame.

I need a billet manifold for this new model engine, nobody has one and if I ask, they expect me to pay $150 per hour, which is a bit high a price for me considering they want to charge me for making the design.

There should be one already made somewhere??? Why...

skuzzy

Jul 19, 2009
Australia
Awesome, I'll call you on Monday..

I did a bit of research and found the 'new' grubee engines have the 40mm intake port stud spacing, the larger new engines, go sick em skyhawk, and starfire genIII super rat.

So if anyone gets a grubee they might be looking for one of your 40mm port intake manifolds in the near future. It is pretty rare now, but things might change if there are more engines with this measurement on the market.

and if anyone wants to pay for the upgrade, these engines have been changed a fair bit.

Have you seen the integrated CDI on the Super Rat, its on the Grubee website.

the magneto is different and all the ports are bigger.

skuzzy

Jul 19, 2009
Australia
So if anyone gets a grubee they might be looking for one of your 40mm port intake manifolds in the near future. It is pretty rare now, but things might change if there are more engines with this measurement on the market.
Perhaps I am wrong, but that is my assumption, or conclusion..

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Wow that Super Rat is a very cool looking set up, I wonder who will have them in stock first.......I'd like to see what the price will be on those engines, and I wonder about ones ability to run lights off the Mag. on these engines.

skuzzy

Jul 19, 2009
Australia
I know, they are awesome looking, see the spark plug?
I think the white wire is gone. So I think from looking at pictures there is only a kill switch wire, the rest is for the sparky.

I just use battery lights, there would be power drain from a wired light I assume?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I know, they are awesome looking, see the spark plug?
I think the white wire is gone. So I think from looking at pictures there is only a kill switch wire, the rest is for the sparky.

I just use battery lights, there would be power drain from a wired light I assume?
Yea I was thinking that it only had a kill wire too, but I'm like you and only use battery powed lights as well, much easier and I like that I can have some very bright lights too, I'm fixing to experiment with some of those 12v MR16 LED light bulbs that have 78 LED in them, I ordered them direct out of Hong Kong and haven't got them yet so I will not know how they will work until then, but I like the leds because they dont use much juice from the battery but at the same time most of them are not good a projecting a good beam very far out from the light, I will post my results as soon as I get them and see how they work, I have not seen any post here so far of anyone else using those particular LED lights so I just thought what the heck I will see what they will do, if someone has tried them post your results....I would like to know how and if they work good enough to be worth messing with.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Cool I'd be interested in your results.

What size engine do you have?
I have the 66cc engines, the best one I have so far is one with a straight plug head and it has the smaller 6mm head studs, I have 715 miles on it so far without a glitch, it gets me down the road at 35mph WOT, and cruises real nice @28-30mph, I'm in the proccess of rebuilding another 66cc I have that trashed out on me, it had bad bearing in it right out of the box and only lasted about 25miles before it gave it up, I have a new crank in it now along with new bearings, new piston, new wrist pin & keepers, new rings, and a new cylinder jug, I've gone completely through this engine so I know it inside out and it is gonna be a very good one now if something crazy doesnt happen with it, I could have bought a new one in the box cheaper than I am rebuilding this one but it was also new out of the box when it blew the heck up on me, so I figured I would build it from scratch so I know what I got from the start and I'm not worried about getting another brand new LEMON.......it is a BGF motor just like my other one but the large frame mount 66cc slant head engine was a piece of junk right out of the box, but now $115.00 worth of new parts later I have a very solid clean tight engine that should give me some great service. I've got about $275.00 in it so far total and still plan to put one of Jims billet heads on it as soon as Pirate get another shippment of them in a few weeks or so.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I went back and read all the info. on the Grube site concerning the Super Rat and seen where it is said that we have NO importers in the USA for that engine yet and it may be a while before we do, so I guess we will see how that works out, who knows maybe Jim at Creative Engineering will have us a great little AMERICAN made motor in the market place by then and we can better spend our dollars right here in the good ole USA and get a much higher quality product at the same time.