Shifter Kit - Another DELAY announcement

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Shifter Kit - Another DELAY announcement

Folks - solely due to just one part # all in a singular lost box, we may have to again move out our July 14 go live date for the Shifter Kit. The box, out of a valuable shipment was lost by DHL. (NEVER, EVER use DHL).

We have kits all complete, waiting for this one part. DHL has been searching for it for coming up on two weeks. This sucks very bad for us, we have a ton of money into parts now. We are just eating the inventory costs big-time. I know many of you have been PM'ing and emailing us. We just can't take prepayment when we don't have a hard date. If we have to get the part manufactured again, we aren't sure of a due date yet.

We are praying that this breaks free and the parts arrive soon - but at this point that would truly be a miracle. We will keep you informed.

Thanks,

Paul and Jim

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I hope DHL is going to cover the cost of the lost package...
There is always hope.....but not much more.....the fine print in their guarantee does not cover "inbound international shipments". Crazy I know! We didn't even know this - DHL said they would cover it when the search was on - then after they annouced the package officially lost they said "read this".....and sure enough it does say it in writing!!
:-||:-||:-|| I was SO pissed......and really I anger slowly if at all (very rarely)...at some point I just closed my cell phone and threw against the desk.

DHL = Don't Hope Lost

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Things are looking better. We placed a new order for the missing part.....we should roll out the whole ball of wax the 19th or so.

Also - freight no matter where in the contiguous USA will be $20. $219 gets you a Shifter Kit.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
In words or pictures? Everything to safely and reliably get engine power to your dérailleur. From detailed web instructions and support to gears, chain, brackets, bearings, freewheel, spindle, crank arms, chain guards, etc

I'm in a bit of a rush this AM - start here:

http://motorbicycling.com/f6/eliminating-driven-sprocket-434.html

Look at these and other pics by Pablo in this section:

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/ghost0s-mb-cruiser-903.html

http://motorbicycling.com/f15/stinger-silencer-fin-pads-rack-1607.html

gadgetman80

Jul 2, 2008
Mio MI
I wonder how this kit would work coupled with an older 3spd shimano hub. I've got one on a solid sears free spirit that will eventually get a motor.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I wonder how this kit would work coupled with an older 3spd shimano hub. I've got one on a solid sears free spirit that will eventually get a motor.
I don't see any problems....you won't have quite the range....and depending on the ratios maybe not the low end grunt OR the top end speed...as a 6 or 7 speed hub.....with a well tuned engine I can jump gears on my 6 speed hub without huge issues.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Planetary transmissions are usually strong, I'd go for it.

I wonder if one of your conversions would work on my 2 speed kickback hub? It may work like an automatic come to think of it.

jezusjonz

Feb 26, 2008
Indiana
Well Ive been sitting on my hands trying not to bug you guys about the kit and by the looks of its its going to be any day now. So I guess I'll just ask two questions if thats ok?
The first is..are you going to take paypal and second do you think you'll have enough kits to go around?
Terry

Tj Bunch

Jun 18, 2008
Whoo Hoo......Saving all my Pennies Now......Oh that reminds me Pablo you do take pennies right? ;)