Greetings from Miami

GoldenMotor.com

ralv77

Jan 18, 2010
Miami
How are you doing, I'm from the city of Miami and I've been getting more and more interested in motorized bikes. I live in a pretty big city and am trying to distance myself from driving a car around so in recent months I have been riding bike long distances and doing the things I would normally do if I were driving around in a car. But I'm at the point where I want to travel further distances and I don't want it to take as much time. So, I have made it a goal of mine to order the parts and make myself my very own motorized bike.

I join this forum so that I can become more knowledgeable about the methods and to see what more experienced people have done. I would really appreciate any tips and pointers while I'm still considering what specific parts and models to buy.

So once again hello, my name is Richard, and I'm new to motorized bikes.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Welcome to the forum Richard. You will find all the information need here. Just read away. If you can't seem to find a specific question, feel free to ask someone. There is always someone willing to help. Good luck on your build, and most of all have fun, and be safe.drn2

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ralv, Rich,
Welcome to the forum from an old Miami native. Born and raised in that great old city. My folks lived in the Gables and I lived in Kendal until my relocation to the mountains in 79. What part of the city are you in?
As for help and advice, you've come to the right place. We always offer this advice to new comers: Read, read and then read some more. Our motto is, "Everything you ever wanted to know about Motorized Bicycles" can be found right here. One important item is to purchase from a reputable dealer. Shy away from the cheap ebay sellers unless you've checked them out regarding after sale support, warranties, and quality of their kits. You'll find a number of good sellers/dealers advertising on this forum. All of them you see down both sides of the page have proven to be good people to deal with. Choose your bike well and based on what your intended riding terrain and local laws will allow. If you're in south Dade there are some very good bike trails and lots of smooth roads. A cruiser style might be your choice. Keep reading and ask if you have specific questions. We're here to help.
Tom