Ray from Australia

GoldenMotor.com

meno

Jan 1, 2010
Australia
Hi from downunder
I live at Smythes Creek In Victoria, Australia. I make knives, all sorts of knives you name it I make them. I turn 65 next month and my family think Im nuts because I love motorized bikes.I started with a friction drive and now ride a Jap 50cc chain driven job.
I usually go for a ride everyday 15 to 20 miles,around the area I live ,or into town. Will post some photos of my bikes when I can work out how to do it.
I am intending to build up a vintage looking bike real soon and hope some of you will give me some clues.
Can you get drum brake front wheel hubs in the States, Springer front ends also?
Happy riding to everyone Meno .

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Welcome Meno. Well Steve will Meno like your taste in music or Ausped's? Here is a link to where I got my springer. $40. + $9. shipping. That's U.S. currency. These people would have drum brakes & almost anything bike related.I got a nice front drum brake on Ebay, but there's plenty out there.
Jay

Memory Lane Classics

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
auflg

G'Day, Meno. Me Mum's from Down Under. Bundaberg, Queensland- came over after the big war.
I've never been there but would like to go- time's running out though- I'm 56 in a month.

Posting photos? You can post the attachment photos at least by "going advanced" on the post menu. Next to the little happy face on the tool bar at the top is a little icon that looks like an exclamation mark. Click that and "Manage attachments" will come up. Use the browser to get your pictures from your files- They may need resizing in a photo program- the maximum here is 1000 on one side, after that I always keep them on my desktop to retrieve- just easier. And now so much much faster when I got DSL a month back- took forever and couldn't see videos with phone modem.

There's some other method to post them large, but I never use that. Insert image I guess. I think they are actually larger when the thumbnail is clicked. Or you can post a link from Photobucket or Youtube.

Good luck and Happy Motoring!

They look like this:

Attachments

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Welcome! Husky Bicycles has heavy duty wheels with front drums. Just so you know you'll need to make at least 3 posts before you can post links or pictures. Just a way to fend off the spambots.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Welcome Ray. I make a knife every now and then. I am working on a Sykes-Fairborne style knife now. Sure is a pain to get a double edge blade right. Hope you enjoy the forum.
Elmo

meno

Jan 1, 2010
Australia
Thanks for the welcome Elmo. I have just made a few of the proto types that the Sykes Fairbborne was designed from. The dagger shape sure is hard to get right, let me know by email I might be able to give you a few clues. What sort of bikes do you ride? meno

Last edited:

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
just gotta say i love you oz folk, your just about as goofy as us yanks. my daddy served with assuies for about four years in the south pacific in the big war never had a bad word for you dudes, said ya never had anything to eat but had boatloads of beer always. keep up the good work mates!