Carburetor Law

GoldenMotor.com

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
there's a carb law in California were can i get a china girl kit that will ship here most of all the ones are over 120$ but all the ones under do not ship to residence of California

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
Re: Carb Law

also i hear of talk about break lights and stuff do i need though's to ? anyone have a link to the dmv website were i can get a plate oh and one more question on a china girl kit were can i find the engine number

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

You need a headlight with high and low beam and a taillight with running light and brake light. You do not need turn signals. Use hand signals instead.
Link to plate: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg230.htm

Chinagirls do not have engine numbers. Some however do have date of manufacturer numbers though. You cannot use this as a identification number though as there will be 100 or so engines out there with the identical number on them.

Most folks use the bicycle's identification number only with an "E" placed in front of it as the engine number.

You have to realize that in China these engines are seen as a utility device, like a shovel or a laundry basket. Why put a number on those?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

also i hear of talk about break lights and stuff do i need though's to ? anyone have a link to the dmv website were i can get a plate oh and one more question on a china girl kit were can i find the engine number
I posted the DMV link for the plate twice already in your thread "Stupid CHP" :D
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=53454

China girls usually do not have an engine number.

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
Re: California Air resource board

were csn i buy a bike kit that is not an arm and a leg that has C.A.R.B cert cat muffler and Epa engine cert even if it is used

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Happy Time motors have never been CARB certified and they never will be, they are all bootleg in CA. Which is why the price is higher.

Know anyone in Nevada? Got a buddy with a car to pick it up?

And it's a brake light. A break light is what happens when a rock hits it.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

pick one up from venice bikes, craigslist, and some vendors on ebay will ship to california.

most kits run about 200 bucks or less. my shoulder surgery cost 30 grand. so getting an arm re-ttached is 150 times more than a china engine kit.

i think aflac pays 50,000 for losing an arm. i don't know what a leg costs, but it's a lot more than a bicycle motor.

if you want to pay less than 2 bills for an engine, you'll have to get used one that someone's already messed up, or make one out of cardboard and ride around making "vroom vroom" noises.

don't worry about the CARB laws. our bikes never have to be inspected so it doesn't matter what kind of exhaust you have.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

were csn i buy a bike kit that is not an arm and a leg that has C.A.R.B cert cat muffler and Epa engine cert even if it is used
You are never going to find a CARB cert cat muffler and EPA does not apply in California but as Baird said nobody as in your local police gives a damn so stop worrying about it and buy a kit and put it on a bike.

See you at Willow Springs on Sat April 12th on the track in the China girl Amateur class race. :D

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States

pick one up from venice bikes, craigslist, and some vendors on ebay will ship to california.

most kits run about 200 bucks or less. my shoulder surgery cost 30 grand. so getting an arm re-ttached is 150 times more than a china engine kit.

i think aflac pays 50,000 for losing an arm. i don't know what a leg costs, but it's a lot more than a bicycle motor.

if you want to pay less than 2 bills for an engine, you'll have to get used one that someone's already messed up, or make one out of cardboard and ride around making "vroom vroom" noises.

don't worry about the CARB laws. our bikes never have to be inspected so it doesn't matter what kind of exhaust you have.
harsh dude im 17 i have no job and have to scrounge for money and find small jobs to get money im not 35 year old fart thats had a job for years i have to apply for many many jobs and hope i get one call that never seems to come

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i understand the money situation. but handouts are rare, and things cost money. if there was a super cheap supplier of engines we'd all be buying. but the reality is around 200 bucks a pop. and you still might get a defective motor.

search craigs for cheap bikes, used motors, or wash cars, flip burgers, whatever it takes. we've all been there. not too many rich people are building toy motorcycles...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i understand the money situation. but handouts are rare, and things cost money. if there was a super cheap supplier of engines we'd all be buying. but the reality is around 200 bucks a pop. and you still might get a defective motor.

search craigs for cheap bikes, used motors, or wash cars, flip burgers, whatever it takes. we've all been there. not too many rich people are building toy motorcycles...
I have a favorite saying. "If you're gonna have a party, ya gotta pay the band". In fact I want my tomb stone to read, "Paying The Band".

Hobbies are like everything else. If you want to participate you have to work for it.
I built my first two hot rods from lawn mowing money. And hot rods are a lot more expensive than motorized bicycles. If you want it bad enough you have to work for it.
I was only 13 when I started my first hot rod project. My parents weren't rich so if I wanted to build a car I had to find the money. I did. So can you; if you want it bad enough.

Tom

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I have a couple of trades,
But if the works not there, due to where I chose to live.
I'll push a mower, Flip burgers, Make beds, ect.
And I'm old and sore.
If your young and fit you got no excuse.
And if you can't build up your own motor your better off paying extra.

SoldierBoy

Feb 5, 2014
United States
every john dick and hairy is mowing lawns and flipping burgers what im getting at is i have to get one for 200k and 2 years ago they were about 100$ a pop