Hello from Fargo

GoldenMotor.com

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Hey guys

Well I don't have anything as of yet to contribute to the site, though I am hoping to change that soon. I was just recently shown a few of these bikes and fell in love with them! They look like something fun to tinker with and drive around town on. That and the fact that you get to ride something that you made.

I am 29 years old, living in Fargo, ND with my wife and my 1.5 year old son. Have a few different hobbies, and of course none of them really share anything in common. Except of course they are all expensive and addictive.

Been looking around and keep coming back to site here. Been looking for something that will be enjoyable to ride from home to work, and around town when I can. Looking at more of the cruisers or the rat rod type bikes.

Can't wait to learn more, and eventually get the items to make my first bike!

Chris

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum chris. I think you will find riding a motorized bicycle a blast. I actually look forward to working day shifts just because I get to ride the bicycle to and from work. its a great way to start the day

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

They actually make studded winter tires to fit bikes!! Could ride all year up there if you don't mind a 'little' frostbite....

This machines are great fun. Good luck in your future build!

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
Thanks for the welcome guys!!

Ron of reading, and I need to sell some of my other hobby things so I have money for a new ride.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
And I'm from further west in the lake country of Minnesota, Ely which is a hundred miles west of Duluth. Not many of us in the north country with motor bicycles, probably because of the short riding season. Someday we'll have a group ride someplace up here by the Canadian border and by then you'll have a bike and your boy in the sidecar. Welcome to the forum.
SB

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Thanks guys. Been looking now for something that my wife can ride on the back of If she wanted. Though a side car would be neat.

You'd get more attention with a motor bike/sidecar setup than you would with the wickedest $100k Harley.......almost guaranteed!

Again, good luck with your build!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Welcome to the forum, these bikes are a blast. I still haven't figured which is more enjoyable building them or riding them.

woogie_man

Aug 9, 2013
Fargo, ND
I am in that same boat with my rifles and airsoft guns chain. They are both fun to build up, but really fun to go out and use as well!

Have been getting a ton of info already from you guys, and I can't wait to read up on more.