To sell your motored bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

chuckisnutz

Nov 5, 2008
Madison, wisconsin
What seems to be the most successful venues for selling your motorized bicycles?

Craigslist?
Local Newspapers?
Ebay?
Going door to door?
the "hey mister" neighborhood effect?

What are some selling points to hit on when selling?
Thanks!

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

I've only done it a few times but I've had good luck going to flea markets....I'll generally put up a sign that says demo ride every hour on the hour and usually a crowd will gather (For liability reasons I do the demo riding)....It's also amazing to see all the lookers as they pass the bikes because most people will have never seen a motorized bike before.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
There are lots of selling points on an MB:
1) It's Fun. The sensation is different from a motorcycle, because it handles differently.
2) It has very good mileage.
3) No license
4) No Road Tax.
5) No insurance.
6) You can carry it.
7) You can still pedal without the gas.
8) You still get good exercise when trying to start it up, or when the engine is having difficulty going uphill.

BikeBerry.com

Dealer
Nov 7, 2008
California
www.bikeberry.com
Many of our customers have started business just by riding the bike around the neighborhood. Most had no intention of selling these kits pre-mounted on bikes, but had purchased the kit for their own personal use. After being stopped many times while riding, that light bulb turned on and their entrepreneur spirit set foot.

If you have the time to just ride around and have fun, you could make good money. Good luck!