A Big Texas Howdy

GoldenMotor.com

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Hi Y'all

I'm just doing an intro like I was told. Don't want to step on any toes.

I'm in SE Texas close to where I-10 leaves the state. Conceived here, born in Louisiana and back where I belong.

I have one PK 80 I'm putting on a KHS Montana with another engine on the way for a new Trek Cruiser Classic. I figured I'd put the first one on the KHS to work out any bugs and get a feel for the conversion.

I've learned a lot from this and a couple of other forums - mainly what not to do. The CrMo frame on the KHS is about the right size for slightly modified factory mounts. The Trek, however, is presenting some challenges. The large diameter aluminum frame is getting different mounts. I don't feel comfortable drilling the main tube.

I'll leave the mods, pics, etc. on the appropriate forums.

Ted

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Welcome to the forum. I am a new member myself, and just finished my second build. I know what you mean about the large frame tube. I machined my own aluminum mount 1 1/2 " diameter.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
xPostech
You don't have to introduce yourself here if you don't want to we don't have any laws like that here but its nice that you did and don't worry about stepping on toes we like to discuss bikes and the problems with them there is no hard or fast rule. We all learn from each other and try to have fun doing so you won't get beat up for asking a question that's been asked a hundred times already we will try our best to answer it again and if we don't know the answer we will lie to the best of our abilityrotfl
Glad you joined.
Norman

jacliny

Oct 20, 2008
Ridge,New York
Ted, if you can wait a few days ill take a couple of pics of the simple fabrication that i did. I wouldnt feel comfortable drilling the frame either. Joe