My First build, done and riding

GoldenMotor.com

Sufimystic

Mar 4, 2012
Lincoln, California
Hey, Anyone here from California? I was told that you can register these with DMV pretty cheap, and that it will avoid headaches with the law. I downloaded the motorized bicycle instructions/application, but my happy time motor does not have an engine number and my cruiser does not have a VIN, how do you reg this thing? any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks....Mark

Sufimystic

Mar 4, 2012
Lincoln, California
Last night I put an alloy back rack on so I can haul stuff (tools, Etc.) and I am just wondering if Ive gone too far, i do that on projects sometimes, I keep looking at it and keep wondering if I have ruined "the look".
I got my license and its a full size mc license plate, blew me away, so I mounted it off the left back axle like a harley, looks kinda cool, no I will spend the morning looking at it debating to take the rack off or not.
Started working on build #2, my sons mountain bike, Im sure it will go much smoother now that I know the ins and outs. the frame looks "frendly" for the motor mount, Im gonna go with a racer look on that one, This is as much fun as building model kits, but you get to ride it when your done.
Keep Ridin, Markbrnot

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Clean looking motorized bicycle, SM !

Check for Bairdco pics and look for how he mounts the coil underneath the engine...
IMO it really looks nicer, and he's voiced no complaints about cooling probs.
All that's needed is a longer plug wire.
Best
rc

Sufimystic

Mar 4, 2012
Lincoln, California
Took the rear rack off, just couldnt do it, ruined the look, Now im repositioning the coil, your right, it just doesnt look right where its at. I figure for tools Ill get a small barrell bag for the handlebar today at a thrift store, (ya, Im a frugal dude), cheap all the way as long as it functions and has a little style.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Looks good, let the pictures keep coming. These things are never really finished, we just have periods between the next modification :p .

Ride safe

Frank