back tire on cruiser to big!

GoldenMotor.com

rex-holes

Oct 5, 2011
kelowna, bc
hey guys, i'm new to the motorized bicycles and am trying to build a first time cruizer. not building from scratch and bought a BGF 80cc engine. i started installing but it looks like my rear tire is to wide and will get some chain rub. just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this or opinions on building my own offset mount for it. thanks for any input in advance:-||:-||

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I built several cruisers with BGF engines, and had to mount the sprocket dished side out and use 1.95 tires to eliminate chain rub.

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Same here. I have a 1.95 on the back and don't like it best, but it works.

There is a part that mates with the left cone/d-shaped extrusion where the coaster arm fits, that moves the coaster arm out 1/2", for about $10 but I can't find it in stock.

If someone had a bench vise I could use, I might be able to bend the torque arm a little and re-space & re-dish my wheel for a little more clearance (reverse dish, flat on right side)

1.95 tires are cheap though, $10 at Nashbar and Niagara Cycle.

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Sometimes I will use the skinny sprockets and throw on a 410 chain with the sprockets reversed. That will also give you a tiny bit more clearance so you won`t get black stuff on your whitewalls.