Loud Rattling sound coming from engine when I rev the throttle

GoldenMotor.com

JdubMotorMan

May 9, 2011
los angeles county
Hey guys ... ok so my engine was seized up so I decided to take it apart and see what was up ... it turns out the piston arm was bone dry ... so I oiled it up really well , and used a flat head screw driver to manually turn the gears and move the piston up and down ... put everything back together , and got the bike running again ...

... only problem is now when I try to get up to speed and really rev the engine , there is a really loud rattling noise that is really annoying and also when I just let the engine idle it shuts off ...

any ideas what might be going on ? thoughts ?

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Hey guys ... ok so my engine was seized up so I decided to take it apart and see what was up ... it turns out the piston arm was bone dry ... so I oiled it up really well , and used a flat head screw driver to manually turn the gears and move the piston up and down ... put everything back together , and got the bike running again ...

... only problem is now when I try to get up to speed and really rev the engine , there is a really loud rattling noise that is really annoying and also when I just let the engine idle it shuts off ...

any ideas what might be going on ? thoughts ?
Might be Marley's ghost. :) What kinda engine ya got?

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
how well is the engine mounted?

i had a similar problem on my bike originally, as the motor whirred up into the higher rpms it would get real loud since it was vibrating so much, changed a few things out and locked that baby down and it was good to go, mite wanna give it a try yourself.

JdubMotorMan

May 9, 2011
los angeles county
Its definitely coming from inside the engine. Probably the needle bearing ... im gonna take it apart again later and see ... I have the engine mounted pretty well. Its 66cc stinger