this is the way I roll!

GoldenMotor.com

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
I did the same thing last year, good idea. I had problems with mine because mine did not match the 415 chain. I later went with the kings top hat and a thirty six and gained a few MPH over the 38 I had bolted on there.

I also went with a tuned pipe from Sick Bike Parts because you will need some more horse power to turn over that gear.

MIke:-||

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
Nice work but you haven't actually 'made' a sprocket what you have made is an adapter plate for a sprocket :)

KiM

KiM

May 5, 2010
Australia
yeah your right, I didnt make the actual chain ring! but I did make a sprocket that fits my bike! and is true and solid as anything you will buy. plus the satisfaction of building it myself!

LoL..nooo you made a sprocket adapter that fits your bike that a sprocket attaches to :p

Always satisfying making things yourself i must admit, fantastic job mate very professional result :)

KiM

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
I did the same thing myself last year, but I made the mistake of using a standard chain ring from a mountain bike (a 38 tooth) so It did not like to stay on too well. I found out that Kings sales and service makes an adapter and sprocket that does the same thing and that is what I am using now. Its been about a year and the sprocket is one of the few things that is still working well. I seem to have problems with the bolts coming loose on the hub after a few miles and then I over tightened two of the bolts and had to helicoid them to get them to work. So I would recommend blue lock-tight on those bolts before you have the whole thing fall apart. Putting anything on these bikes is like bolting something to a paint shaker and letting it run on high.
:-||
Mike

Last edited: