micargi rover gt build

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Rover is fine if you have 36 spoke wheels. The rag joint sprocket that comes with the kit will not fit the 60 spoke wheels like the ones in your pic.

waw1220

May 27, 2014
columbus ohio
what about if i use a manic mechanic occ chopper sprocket adapter assemblyinstead of the stock sprocket mount that comes with the motor.shft.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You should ask the seller if the Manic Mechanic will work with the 60 spoke wheels. There is just very little room for any bolts to fit between the spokes on that type of wheel.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I don't know that stuff might work. I like the rover its longer and lower than a standard cruiser and the frame is really solid. That top tube is really wide so I don't know. You could probably make it work.

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
As stated earlier, you'll need to switch out at least the rear wheel. Even the manic mechanic sprocket adapters won't work with that many spokes.

I would highly advise avoiding the use of anything between your bike frame and motor mounts. The rubber won't do much, and it's much better to have a flush metal on metal contact. I'm not sure but to me It looks to me like you won't have much problem using a manic mechanic front motor mount and jimmying something for the rear mount.

As for mounting the gas tank, I don't think extra wide mounts will do it. My bike (fito modena GT) also has a really large top tube. I just cut up a belt and drilled holes to make it work, along with foam mounting tape underneath the tank. It has a little wiggle to it but it gets the job done.

Last edited: