Gas consumption

GoldenMotor.com

Coval_PL

Jul 28, 2009
Gdynia/Poland
I found original engine box, there is written it's Skyhawk GT5 engine with 48T sprocket. Today have "moped-show" in my work :D I'll go back home the first time. I've got about 30km, wish me luck. brnot

Last edited:

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
The speed is a major factor in mpg, the weight of the rider, the rear sprocket and the levelness of where you ride. Hilly areas are gonna use 3X the fuel. I weigh 180 and run a 40T sprocket, I get approx 70-75 mpg. no excessive speeding, just cruising around, a little hilly here and there.

corduroylion

Sep 25, 2008
norcal
this thread is just what i was looking for!! i too have been getting really bad gas milage and thanks to everyones replies ive learned so much and will be on my way to getting better gas milage. i dont know what i would do without these forums. :)

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
So fuel consumption is lower becouse of lower engine's RPM? Maybe I should change this sprocket also..?
More teeth on a rear sprocket will give you MORE Power but LESS distance traveled per engine revolution.

Less teeth on a rear sprocket will give you LESS Power but MORE distance traveled per engine revolution.

corduroylion

Sep 25, 2008
norcal
how does altitude affect how you should tune your bike? ive read about how people set the carburetor needle set at different settings because of the altitude. i live at sea level, should i set mine lower or higher?

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
lower you are to sea level, the richer you can run, either that or its the other way around.

The reasoning behind this is of course less oxygen being higher up. Less oxygen = a richer mixture therefore a leaner setting on the needle.

sea level, clip in top notch.
rocky mountains, clip in bottom notch. .... i think.

i know that the middle part of my statement is right at least.