New model carb- Improved?

GoldenMotor.com

Huffathump

Feb 24, 2009
indiana
i have a question for anybody out there who has tried the new OEM carburetor (the one from spookytooth- it has a rectangular cover and a fuel shutoff valve on the carb)

they claim better performance on the 66cc motor, a larger bore and jet.

Currently my motor leans out a bit after a few seconds of WOT, so I think I do need a larger jet.
Currently I am debating the spookytooth carb, a delorto jet, or just drilling out the jet on my old stock carb.

Any advice?

Huffathump

Feb 24, 2009
indiana
You may be right- but the new carb from spooky claims to be designed for the 66cc engine, with larger slide, bore, and jet... I may order one just to see if i get any improvement.

biken stins

Jul 11, 2008
Spooky Tooth includes cables,gas and choke,air cleaner, and gasket. If you look at the whole package the carb may cost less.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you bike leans out "after a few seconds" it's not the jet, it's either the float is set too low, or more likely, you fuel flow is restricted due to the stock petcock.

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster, PA / Newark, DE
Im not sure I even see the NT carb for the 66cc available for sale from spooky. The only mention of it is in the description of their engine kits. The only carb they sell in the parts section is the $50 CNS carb which i believe many people have had issues with... -Justin

oylavabeer

Jan 9, 2009
Perth Australia
I am working through the same problem .I have the carb in bits and am about to drill the main jet .I just drilled through the shut off valve on the carb bypassing the lever thismorning and it didnt help. Hence the want to resize the main jet and the carb being in bits.
cheers

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
look in the classic posts I have the size of drill bit to use and sort of how to drill the main jet if yo ugo too big it's a simple matter of soldering it shut and redrilling it so you really can't go wrong be sure to deburr the drilled hole with a over sized bit held in your hand and lightly twist it on the hole you drilled. My post on this will be on the #2 page I think.
I think its better to use what you have than spending money on a carb that might not work any better than what you have. If you run into problems give me a PM and I'll help you out.
Norman