KEG STYLE gas tank

GoldenMotor.com

dan1150

Sep 25, 2011
wisconsin
For all you guys that can weld or know someone that can. I just recieved a five liter beer keg from amazon. It's about perfect size, it's steel maybe stainless, not sure. It could easily be mounted to front or rear rack. Check it out for less than twenty bucks shipped it's worth a shot.

i

dan1150

Sep 25, 2011
wisconsin
Well I know it's not aluminum, to thin. I would think if it were plain mild steel it would rust quickly. O yeah and it's 5 liters not gallons. about one gallon I think. About the size of a milk jug. I'm pretty sure it could be strap to a rack pretty easy with heavy zip ties or large hose clamps. It is 6 inches in diameter by 10 inches long. Another option on amamzon I thought was cool is the giant flasks they sell up to a gallon in size. Check it out, just type in giant flask. Good luck hunting. mine arrived in about a week. Thanks Dan

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
5L is 1.32 gallons. Just slightly larger then my spun aluminum tank on my bike (1.25 gallons). My tank is 6x12".

The Amazon version looks to be larger than 6" diameter, but it's hard to tell. I've seen those kegs at Bevmo.
They come filled with beer for about the same price shipped, but you pick em up :D

Attachments

dan1150

Sep 25, 2011
wisconsin
I have mine here from Amazon. I measured it. It is 6 inches by 10 inches. It is steel, I stuck a magnet to it. I can't wait to get the welding done and get it mounted.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
this is one i did a while ago.

the filler neck and locking cap are off ebay. I had to solder the neck to the keg as the thickness' of both parts were to great/different too be welded.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
That's a nice looking tank. Light steel should be easy to tig weld,will have to keep this tank in mind for my build................Curt