Hi, I`m John

GoldenMotor.com

John Moane

Mar 27, 2014
Kumamoto Japan
Hi everyone. I`m John Moane and I live here in Japan teaching English at an engineering high school in Kumamoto. I have just recently restored an old Miyata moped that I bought on auction here. I think it dates to the early 1950s. It was not working and had a lot of rust,but with some elbow grease and a ton of paint have it up and running. Hope you like it!!! I can only download the original photos of when I fist got it. Will work on the restored bike photos when I have time.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

That's certainly a unique looking bike! Best of luck in the restoration.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome John. We're glad you've joined us and shared your very unique and lovely restoration with the members.
Congratulations on the quality of your work. The bike is beautiful, sir.

Tom

u2smile

Mar 27, 2014
Gulf coast
Hey John!

I too am new, ha at 54 I don't feel new.

I like your ride and your job, it is a shame I can't what you do, but as we all know Americans don't speak English.....

Anyone motorize a unicycle yet?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I spent a little under a week in Japan in the late 80s. i want to go back.

John Moane

Mar 27, 2014
Kumamoto Japan
How about some video; I would love to hear it. What're the specs?
Hi Kioshk, The motor is a 2 stroke 50cc ? type SM 1 made about 1954 by Sanki Ind Co Ltd and I believe the Miyata bicycle company had them made for their Miyata worker retro bikes to attach to the bikes pedal crank. I think this one is probable a one of a kind as it has the spring feather forks that I have not seen on other retro bikes here and perhaps was a showroom piece.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi john and welcome to our motorized bicycle community, great to have you with us, that's a fine looking motorized bicycle