new in pnw

GoldenMotor.com

stig

Sep 27, 2011
WA USA
hey im new but have lurked this site for a while.. i basically got a kit for a pit bike motor (that i got for free) but it needs a coil. the bike its on is junk so i was thinkin of just hackin it up and doin custom bike..

not sure when the project will finish as im not rushed and i need to sell my cm400 to fund it

stig

Sep 27, 2011
WA USA
thanks, my cm400 is a good bike.. well was, it was gunna be a cheap project until lost interest after i broke my foot.. i wasnt being responsible and didnt put on my safety gear when i was taking it for a test ride after a repair and my foot slipped.. but the good news is my 4 year old wont even sit on his quad without safety gear lol

but to the cm it needs some wiring done, it runs but i have it 60% apart. im hoping to get $400 for it, i think its a fair price as its titled and i found non titled non running bikes for $600.. unfortunately this bike blue books as $850 in mint condition

ive always wanted a small 2 stroke motorcycle to make a mini cafe style, always been a fan of skinny wheeled bikes. my first bike was a 74 dt100 and i loved how light it was. now my foot is messed up i cant shift without pain.

anyways i was told the engine is an 80cc. anyone know how i can tell the size? or the brand i know there is alot of different makes. i will be tearing it apart because the cylinder gasket looks like cardboard.. as for the cdi thanks for the link but im planning on doing the "roll your own cdi" so i wont have to keep buying them as they die. and i have plenty of pit bike parts and coils. what is the name of this particular ignition type? with no pulse coil, ive never seen one like it

stig

Sep 27, 2011
WA USA
exactly honda crf50 pit bikes, well i guess peewee dirt bikes we have pw50's too. the motor kit i have is a chinese 2 stroke the HT type but there are no markings or anything, ill try to get a pic tomorrow thanks

stig

Sep 27, 2011
WA USA
looks like i may be gettin a vintage worksman trike! 3 speed! and not the folding kind which is a big + in my book!

i think it may be a tad difficult to mount the chinese kit to it so i have already thought of a really cool idea and i think it hasnt been done. will post pics of my idea as soon as the bike is in my basement still not 100% if its mine since its a craigslist find

fyi im not a fab guy so my work wont be show quality

Attachments