Cheap fuel filler and cap

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
A while ago i found an old hotwater system being thrown out at work, i took some copper piping from it along with fittings and two end caps. I had never seen these before but they looked perfect for a fuel cap.

So i found some old pipe and put a thread on it, very easy and IMO a very nice filler and cap.

So i used this on my tank for my Villiers build

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
So i had 2 caps, used one on the Villiers but unfortunately lost the one meant for my Briggs build, so i went to a plumbing supplies to price one of these endcaps, thinking they would probably be around $20- $30....... i was pleasantly surprised to find that they are only $5. So i bought 3 for that price. I think thats a very nice yet very cheap fuel cap, so i thought i would share. If there is something cheaper that looks as good id love to hear about it.

The new $5 cap is on the left, the right one is the one i found. I asked if he had different ones as well. He didnt but he said they will vary depending on the manufacturer....

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
That is nice... no doubt. Mine cost $5.... How much was yours?

Is that the end of a torch? If so good thinking.... if not that would be an idea

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thats pretty cool now ive really looked at your setup.... the tank is in the toptube right? Did you cut the toptube and put in endplates? Very neat setup dude!!!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thats pretty cool now ive really looked at your setup.... the tank is in the toptube right? Did you cut the toptube and put in endplates? Very neat setup dude!!!
Thanks man;)
Mine cost about the same, I use a rubber grommet to vent the cap. Didn't have to cut the top tube, just have to plug the weld vent holes which can be very tricky.

dnut

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto, so what actually is the cap on your tank? Is it an end cap like mine then?
Yes Harry, that's exactly what it is.....a brass cap for a hose bib and a fitting to match with tapered pipe threads that tap into the aluminium top tube of a tank.

It took me a second when you said the end of a torch.....meaning the end cap of a flashlight lol. The brass fittings cost me about 6 US doll hairs.

dnut