I can't swear to it..

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Since I switched out the bikes I haven't really gotten much chance to ride. I have no idea what this is but when the bike climbs a hill not about half way up a really steep one the engine changes sounds but the bike doesn't speed up or anything. It is going wide open and just changes the sound it makes.

It did not do that with the 2o" wheel. It seems to run a little faster on the flat but the hill climbing is the same I think.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Is your clutch slipping? Does it increase in rpms? Or do you hear a rattling noise?
Your gears whine more?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
its a gear noise but the bike doesn't move any faster. I don't think its clutch since it really doesn't have that slipping sensation and it stops whinning when I get to the top. Only does it at the steepest part.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Good, I wonder why I never noticed with the 20" wheel. Probably different noises to notice. It could also be the wheel itself.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
You know now that you mention it, the downhill has an equally unexplainable sensation. It sounds like its a different engine all together till I put in the clutch. You know for people who are just starting to ride this is good to know. We are all paranoid anyway. Expecting the 150 buck engine to fly apart at the least provocation.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
my bicycle engine also sounds totally different if going up or down hill.

Definitely...it should two cycle going up hill and break into a four cycle going down.

I usually pull in the clutch going down hill since these engines don't have oil injection.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
What are hills? Where I live now both legs are growing the same length, I don't walk with a limp anymore. Warm today with40 to 50 mph winds I could take the plane out of the hanger roll 2 feet and be at take off speed with out the engine on.:confused: Hey there is a small slope in front of the hanger does that count for a hill?rotfl
Norman