I think I killed it!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

crabdance

May 16, 2008
It looks like the bike losing power may have been a symptom of something else. Don't know for sure. I just took my bike out for a ride this morning. I noticed that the speed was even slower than usual and right after that the engine just stopped making noise. No loud noise, no bang, it just quit. I've lost compression because I could push the bike with the clutch all the way out.

Did I blow the engine or lose the clutch? I don't know what to look for and need some help on this one. Is it fixable? What do I do?

Thanks everyone,
john

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
check your head bolts. and your spark plug, make sure they are tight. you you have no compression, it has to be the head bolts, head gasket, loose spark plug, or god forbid the rings. you can take the head off and look at the cyl. walls, look for scratches. when you push the bike with the clutch out, does it make any noise? like maybe a connecting rod broke? this is all i know. dont take my word for it, please see what other fellas say first.
jeff

crabdance

May 16, 2008
I just did some more looking at my bike and I have to say I'm a real DUMMY!!!! The problem was that my master link on my chain came off. Now I have to get another and put it on. Sorry to be so dumb about this folks. Need to look more before I leap.

thanks for your time, jf30cp.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
lol, haha...thought you said the engine stopped making noise...you sound like me...maybe your my long lost brother!

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
HA HAha ha h Let it be a ??? You guys that gave me a hard time about master link direction rotfl See, I tol you the round part points to the front :)
Arrriba! Yeeeha! (c) Tramp HA HA AHhemmm

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Yea... go ahead and laugh.. it could have been worse. lol... at least I still have a engine (I think) <grin>

you guys are great!

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
NO NO NO, Crabdance I was making fun of some monkeys here that gave me a real hard time about witch way a Master Link should go when I was a newbe here. I am so very your ride is ok. And you to. Loosin' a drive chain can get real ugly, been there! (c)

crabdance

May 16, 2008
NO NO NO, Crabdance I was making fun of some monkeys here that gave me a real hard time about witch way a Master Link should go when I was a newbe here. I am so very your ride is ok. And you to. Loosin' a drive chain can get real ugly, been there! (c)
Ok that is kool then too!

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Hey Crabdance, This has worked for me for years, Get a link and unlace the shoe you wear when riding and put the link on it and lace it up. Or your key ring. Always there! Peddling home 10 miles is no fun. I am sorry about my mistake, super glad you didn't get hurt. Sometimes the chain tracks off the sproket. Some times it locks the rear wheel. Check that puppy. I push mine with my toe almost every day!

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Thanks for the tips saddletramp.... anything that will help :).... and no, peddling 10 miles home is NO fun!