Throttle question

GoldenMotor.com

wrx2bike

Oct 31, 2010
california
Hi Guys I have a question back in 2006 I built a motorized schwinn spoiler from a kit I bought back then. Just recently my throttle cable broke and I need to get a new one. The thing is Im not sure If i should buy a whole new assembly or just a throttle cable. Im tempted to but a performance carb that comes with a throttle assembly but not sure if its worth the extra 40 bucks... Any suggestions ... Thanks

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If everything else is good and you've been pleased with the way the bike runs, just replace the cable, if that's what broke. If the twist grip is still good and the engine runs good, don't mess with success. Replace the cable and enjoy your bike.
Like the saying goes: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Aftermarket 'performance' parts are not always what they're cracked up to be. Ask any CNS carburetor owner.
Tom

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I just ordered a new cable from luckyearlybird on ebay cost me about $9 and change, including shipping. My cable frayed after being around a year old.

wrx2bike

Oct 31, 2010
california
the thing is it broke at the part that connects to the handle. So im not sure if I that will be included with just a cable or if I have to buy the whole thing. Plus my handles are really kinda short

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
the thing is it broke at the part that connects to the handle. So im not sure if I that will be included with just a cable or if I have to buy the whole thing. Plus my handles are really kinda short
You mean the 'lollypop' on the cable end broke, or the plastic piece on the handle?