Texas Dealer

GoldenMotor.com

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
looking around, seems the shipping is the killer on price of the lil china models. Is there a motorised bike kit dealer in Texas anywhere, I would enjoy meeting somebody that sales the product and seeing some bikes up close.

First bike will be a crusiser off a china kit. Will go from there on the next project.

So for I am loving the site and the rides, I got out of drag racing carscause it ws to techno, and $$$$. This could be a nice little nich for my budget hobby. I am a grown man, wife morgage and all that...

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Im in texas and havent really seen any dealers,but if you look on craigs list you can find from time to time people selling bikes they have built to sell....
John

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Thxs John, I will end up ordering one and paying the frieght probably. The fun would be in the build as much as the ride.

I built a few cars in my day and enjoy the wrench turning as much as the finsished product.

I have sent out some msg looking for prices on a pair for now, but will probably build several, I have a big family and the interest is already very high.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Thxs John, I will end up ordering one and paying the frieght probably. The fun would be in the build as much as the ride.

I built a few cars in my day and enjoy the wrench turning as much as the finsished product.

I have sent out some msg looking for prices on a pair for now, but will probably build several, I have a big family and the interest is already very high.
Your welcome....I have built 7 bikes over the years and have bought lots of different motors and in the end the Raw motor kits are the best hands down....The engines run and run....The Raw dealer has them for around 119 bucks with 29 bucks shipping and have a 6 month warranty,if you buy 2 they might take a few bucks off....Here is a link to there site.... Products
John.shft.

Last edited:

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
John I sent Raw a msg for a quote on a pair, I saw where you posted about them before and that they treated you right and dealt with you when you got a pair.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hello, Dan+1

Just wanted to say Howdy from Brown county out in the Blanket area, I have two complete bikes I've built and a third started I would be more than happy to get together somewhere and show them to you up close if you like sometime.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
fall down, I am just right next door in San Saba county, we will need to get together for sure. Would love to see your bikes.

I am fishing at colorado bend state park next weekend.

The white bass are starting the spring run from what i hear.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah we're just a hop skip and jump away.

Yep it's getting that good fishing time of year, we could get enough rain to get things filled back up around these parts, everything around here is a mud hole just about, lake brownwood is 9.8' below the spillway, I haven't even been out there in a couple months but people say it aint looking very good right now, normally I'd be hitting the Crappie house about now at 5am to about 10am or when ever they quit biting but I haven't been fishing a ingle time yet this year, weather been bad, lake real low, and just been busy doing a bunch of other stuff on my days off.

Here is a pic of the last bike I put together, it aint fancy and it aint no high dollar bike but I built this engine from the ground up after it locked up on me put a new crank in it has a Creative engineering ported intake, I milled .012 off the head and smoothed the transition ports up a bit, it has a 36T spocket that I took off a kids bike and drilled to work with the rag joint coupler, and a chain tensioner roller I made from a skateboard wheel which works real good, it has flat proof tubes in the tires and Kenda Kevlar rienforced tires, I put a front hand brake on it and the rear cargo rack. this engine pulls very strong even with the 36T sprocket, it actually pulls much better than my other one with a 41T sprocket, It's a Huffy bike I ordered off Amazon.com for $100 and has about 200 miles on it so far, so it's just getting broken in about now, I use Opti2 synthetic mix oil at around 70:1 Ratio and it runs great on it, my other bike has a little over 800 miles on it now and still runs like a new engine, I just haven't done any upgrades on it yet, I plan to shave the head a bit and to put a Creative Engin. intake on it as well this spring sometime then I'm sure it will perk up a bit too, it's on a bike I put together from about 3 different bikes but it is real solid and rides real nice. I want a 36T sprocket on it too when I do the rest to the engine here shortly.

Well I'll be working all weekend so I hope you cant a pile of them white bass down there at Colorado bend, I'm not much on eat-in them white bass but I sure like to catch-em, when they are hitting the top after them shad I always use a White, Yellow or Clear Heddon Tiny Torpedo and they will eat that thing up....

dnut

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Say Dan+1

Do you know ole Ramiro Cisneroz over there in San Saba?

He and a friend own the Pepper Bellies Mexican joint there on the square, he and I worked together for years in Brownwood at Superior Cable before he quit to open up that new Mex-can food place.

He's a good fella and just thought you may know him, he's a fishing fool, he always goes out a nd gets a can full of those Helgomites from under the rocks and then absolutely slays the channel catfish on them...he's been trying to get me to come down there and fish for 2 summers now and I have made time for it yet........

Anyway just thought you might know him.

Peace, Shan

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
John I sent Raw a msg for a quote on a pair, I saw where you posted about them before and that they treated you right and dealt with you when you got a pair.
They are good people over there at Raw,but they dont sell on e-bay anymore and there prices went up so I dont think you can get close to the deal I got,but mabe you can,good luck and have fun with your new motors....
John.wee.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Shan the Cisneroz brothers and I were in school together. Ramiro and Jose.

Looks like this neck of the woods has several riders, I get a bike put together we will need to do a Regency ride or something.

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
Howdy fellow Texan! I know there was a guy starting up a MB store here in Austin. They did have a primitive website up. I visited it a while back and don't know the address. They may or may not be there now.