BlowByU Full Belt Drive Felt Magno Build

GoldenMotor.com

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Well I could not help my self or better still my wife started watching crappy TV.
So I went down stairs and dragged a bunch of my tools into the basement and started working on Rare Bird
Did the tear down and also started mocking up a few things so here are the pictures.

SANY0330.jpg

SANY0334.jpg

SANY0337.jpg I was surprised how easy it was to put the rear sheave on I only used 4 bolts but it lined up like a dream.

SANY0338.jpg It runs really straight and true, it was a nice surprise.

SANY0339.jpg

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
SANY0340.jpg This pic shows the clearance and there is plenty of room

SANY0341.jpg

SANY0344.jpg In this picture I mocked up the engine mounting, engine, transmission, wheel with rear sheave, and some cord to check for clearance, and a there is plenty of clearance. I can even lower the engine as well because there is so much clearance.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I have to say I am pretty darn excited to see what this is starting to look like, even the name Rare Bird is cool.
I can't wait for the fuel tank and seat post to show up :)

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I now have the output shaft back from the machinist and he did a spectacular job. I have a ton of pics and here they are.

SANY0352.jpg

SANY0354.jpg This shows the removable spacer there 4 different sizes to help you line up your sheave.

SANY0356.jpg This one shows the other three spacers that can be used on either side of the sheave.

SANY0361.jpg

SANY0362.jpg

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are the rest of the pictures

SANY0364.jpg

SANY0365.jpg

This is a very cool upgrade but the shaft and sheave was $120 I think it is worth every penny. Belt drive here we come :)

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Here are 3 pics of the fuel tank that came in yesterday from Pirates the seat post is the wrong size but Justin is going to send me some spacers or shimes

SANY0368.jpg

SANY0369.jpg

SANY0370.jpg

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Very nice Terry...
I especially like the the silver hubs black spokes/rim combo.
Looking good!
The tanks cool to.
BBB
Thank you
I am thinking this bike could be ride-able with in the next 3 weeks or less if so this will be my fastest build yet. Mostly because I did not do the top-tube tank.

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
I'm dieing over here, I've been collecting parts for 6 weeks now and I still haven't had the time to start a decent mock up.
They sit there... on the bench... mocking me...lol
Your build looks great...
I just haven't had the time in the shop I wanted.
No rest for the weary...
I've been vacillating between a rear mount aluminum job like yours or a steel 1.3 gal. mini sportster style tank from hard knock bobbers...The sporty tanks only $110 unpainted with mounts, its almost like cheating!
(scroll down the page a bit and you'll see it with this whacked 70s gold fish scale paint job)
http://www.hardknockbobber.com/
I've found several of there parts useful in the past.
What da ya think?
BBB

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I'm dieing over here, I've been collecting parts for 6 weeks now and I still haven't had the time to start a decent mock up.
They sit there... on the bench... mocking me...lol
Your build looks great...
I just haven't had the time in the shop I wanted.
No rest for the weary...
I've been vacillating between a rear mount aluminum job like yours or a steel 1.3 gal. mini sportster style tank from hard knock bobbers...The sporty tanks only $110 unpainted with mounts, its almost like cheating!
(scroll down the page a bit and you'll see it with this whacked 70s gold fish scale paint job)
Hardknock Bobber
I've found several of there parts useful in the past.
What da ya think?
BBB
Please don't take this the wrong way. But I personally don't like that style of bike, but as far as the paint job goes on that tank I like it.

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
No offense taken Terry....
Hard knock makes a great bike, but its not my style either.
Thats the beauty of our art/hobby/sport, theres room for everyone's style.
I don't care for stretched out cruisers or cantilever beach bikes, but I can appreciate the work and effort that goes into them.
Hard Knock does offer some great parts at decent prices.
Check out there throttle assembly-
(way sturdier than the plastic ones that come with the engine kits)
levers and other controls, electrical parts, false oil/electronics tank. Its the very nature of this hobby to re-purpose other parts to fit our needs.
keep posting, it gives the rest of us inspiration.
BBB

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi All
I have my wheels back from the builder and they look great but you be the judges

SANY0378.jpg

SANY0379.jpg

SANY0380.jpg

SANY0381.jpg

So it turns out it's a good thing I got the spacers for the Whizzer sportsman sheaves.
Because after installing the drum brakes the spoke spacing was all wrong.
But after using the spacers and a lot of sweating as I thought I was going to have to change out the hub it all worked out just right.

View attachment 33310

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I got a chance to mock-up the bike with the new wheels and the front end.
Not to worry I am still going to get the springer but what you can see here it looks Really _ _ _ _ _ _ Filling the blanks

SANY0382.jpg

SANY0385.jpg

So now the work begins I am going to reorganize my shop so it will be easier to work on bikes it should take me about a week and then I will be hard at it.
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
Looking good Terry, its really coming along.
What pipe you going to use?
Since its an old school looking 4 stroke a long low "poo poo" pipe might look good.
Just a thought.
BBB

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Terry, the exhaust looks fine, but that seat blows! I'm hoping that's your gas tank and not the seat in your illustration cause that thing would hurt yer bum.

Keep it coming, it's looking great so far.dnut
LOL scotto you slay me LOL LOL.
Yes everything I do Blows hahahaha, I did not draw the seat that is just the layback seatpost and the fuel tank.
But I think I will have to try and draw a seat on there now :p