What bike are best (newbie)

GoldenMotor.com

tekestar

Jul 31, 2008

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Welcome to the forum, as far as bikes go all I can say is "you get what you pay for".
I ride a Schwinn and some have said the frame is to heavy. One thing everyone should remember is that the folks that designed the bikes had NO idea we were going to use motors on them. The Schwinn frame has never let me down. (c)

datonamanmike

Jul 11, 2008
i just did my first build
i got a schwinn del ray from walmart
coaster brake 99.99 cruiser style
its a great bike for a first build in my opinion

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I used a 26" Pacific single speed cruiser and it rides steady w/49cc even at the max of 30mph. Nice large rugged frame is just what I wanted.

tekestar

Jul 31, 2008
i just did my first build
i got a schwinn del ray from walmart
coaster brake 99.99 cruiser style
its a great bike for a first build in my opinion
Cool, I was just looking at that bike today and was wondering if it would be ok for a first time try.

lestat101

Jul 15, 2008
Hello everyone,

I am waiting on a DAX kit to ship as of last week Wed. My first build is going to be a Giant Sedona Dx 21speed bicycle. I picked it up used from Craigslist locally. Paid about a 100.00 for it. From all of the research I have done it looks like there will be enough room inside the frame.

Good luck with your build

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome lestat101 to the forum :)

Have any questions on your build feel free to ask, always someone here willing to help out.
:ride2:

lestat101

Jul 15, 2008
Thanks I will do Fairracing31,

That is what I love about forums like this, it is a great place to learn about something of intrest and discover what others have expericed with a project such as this.

Here is one question I just thought of, Has anyone experimented with a rubber mount system for the 2cycle engines? Many motorcycle motors are rubber mounted to ease the viberations, why wouldn't work here?

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Thanks I will do Fairracing31,

That is what I love about forums like this, it is a great place to learn about something of intrest and discover what others have expericed with a project such as this.

Here is one question I just thought of, Has anyone experimented with a rubber mount system for the 2cycle engines? Many motorcycle motors are rubber mounted to ease the viberations, why wouldn't work here?
Thier are a few that use rubber for the mounts....some say it makes it better,some say it makes it worse :confused:

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I use pieces of inner tube rubber and place them between each metal to metal contact points of the engine. It reduced much of the shock for me.

lestat101

Jul 15, 2008
Yes I have seen a few post here with that modifitcation. I was thinking of doing something like that also. Hopefully my kit ships out this week thursday and I can play around with it over the weekend. I sure there is some vibes, I am just curious how much?