Free !! Plus $100

GoldenMotor.com

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Hi ! Nice to be here !

I don't know a lot about bikes but I have been patching them together with brown paper and vinegar since I was a kid, and I can get buy with a wrench and a screw driver, I did get a little tired of pedaling and purchased a Kings 80cc.

Am really glad to have found this site, It may not only keep me going, it just might keep me alive!

P.S.

BTW

Yoa! I bought a Huffy for a hundred and had two blowouts on the front wheel and haven't got the tires dirty yet !

I posted a short summary at;
Motorized Bicycle General Discussions
Motorized Bicycle Tires?

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Welcome...and I had trouble with a Walmart bike and blowouts myself. The remedy:
1. remove tires and tube - make sure every spoke is tight.
2. Take electrical tape. 3 loops around the tire, over the spokes.
3. Get either Slime or Bell extra thick slime tubes. They are BIG, and can fit in a showbox...they're also tougn!
4. Mr. Tuffy's tire liners. To protect from external punctures

I figured this out the hard way...

Good Luck.

OH, BTW: There are no real 80cc motors. It's a bit under 70cc. Doesn't matter who's selling it, all the same.

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
Good advice, yeah, I saw the Bells, ad on a patch kit the other day and have had them on my mind, but the full measure of safety really didn't dawn on me until this, bean oil posted back on that and we are discussing the possibilities of a false pressure reading.

Yeah, wow does anyone selling anything ever tell the truth, well, I guess it goes to show you being particular paqys off in the long run,
like look before you leap !

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I buy and build with only junk bikes. Those you expect to have trouble with and I have had very little but a brand new bike, no one expects that. Damn shame.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I recently found out that this cheap new bikes, the beads are braking loose from the nylon stitching on the tires. My buddy had to replace both tires that came with the bike inside of to weaks on a motor build

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
A lot iof wmart type bikes have a very rough, burred hole for the valve stem. The MoonDog I'm working on now got two flats (one each front and rear) in the first few miles of riding.

Wheel Rush

Jun 21, 2008
The frame seems Ok so far, but yep your right ! You get what you pay for,
, . . . . (sometimes).

Hey your friend should have checked out their warrantee, there pretty good about replacement, within days I had a new back wheel, grinder burs caused flat, however I changed the rear wheel, replaced it with a Shim CB 12G 36H, a Heavier Duty Wheel, new tubes both front and back.
and did the tire tape thing Mark Tur does. Got the clutch adjustment working right, and am on my third gallon, no problems !