Bulk engine kits?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Help me out folks...I know this was mentioned before.

Where does one find say, 10-50 engine kits?

Does anyone have any idea what it costs per unit this way?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
if you buy them from the guy I traded email with it was thirty bucks but that is only to the point of the ship in china... My guess is there are import fees and stuff plus shipping cost to you. I never could get him to answer that question for me.

Skyliner70cc

Mar 8, 2008
One of the ebay vendors will sell the kits for 150 shipped. This isn't bad considering it costs several thousand dollars to ship a container from China to US. Don't forget import fees, paperwork, and transit costs from shipping yard to vendor. It all adds up. I thought about importing the engines and figure that my unit cost would be about 90 dollars/engine for the smallest order possible.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm not surprised as I said earlier the price that I got quoted was thirty bucks on a ship sitting in the harbor at china. They never would give me a shipping and customs estimate. So I forgot it.

Also why I plan to experimenting with the weed wacker friction drive. There are lots of those engines about. Just have to learn to rebuild them next. I got nothing but time on my hands.

Last edited:

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
Wow, $150 bucks shipped! I wonder if there are any Canadians out there that could tell me the TRUE cost with all the extra costs they add as it crosses the border? If so, I would be thankful.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im going to do it.... geeze how does it feel to have your own personal writer on staff lol.....Crack that whip massa/

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Dax is selling the kits for 5 PACK 70CC ENGINE KITS, 184USD PER KIT, 29USD SHIP EA &
Spooky tooth would sell about the same I think. They both might do a high volume lower cost deal.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
So if he will sell 10 - 50 kits at $130.00 delivered this is a good price. So far I am happy with the stuff I get and quick service & communications from BoyGoFast out of El Monte California via eBay. I am waiting on a 50 Slant Head for about $145.00. There are lots of options out there.

crazeehorse

May 21, 2008
blue collar bike has a deal for 5 kits @ $170.00 each that price includes shipping as long as you buy 5 or more. or $199.00 per kit for 1 & that includes shipping too. the limited kits are 10.00 more. his kits are good quality, & i know, as i have bought 2 so far. hope this helps. p.s. bob is a great guy, & he ships the same day if you order early enough. none of this 2 to 4 week crap.

BlueCollarBike.com
Avon , Ct.
680-673-6457

Last edited: