Best oil filter to run on a China Girl? Is the Serve Pro ok?

GoldenMotor.com

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Oh and Slogged, your engine worked great at my house. Apparently I forgot to check if my furry little power adders were male and or female. Well long story short, now I need 5 more bikes to put these in once they grow big enough.
I forgot, you have to flip em over and make sure they're all he-rats.
The lack of, um, company keeps them kickin out the ponies from frustration.
Did you ever get so mad at work you became a dynamo and did like two days work in one afternoon?
Same deal.
Check em all for a twig and berries, or get a lot bigger cage cuz you'll need one, cuz.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Drilling lightening holes in the frame is good but you'll want to start with the front fork. Drill as many holes as you have room for. The lighter the front end, the more weight will be distributed to the rear wheel where the drive friction is. But, always remember to lean back when accelerating or over rough terrain. You don't want to put too much pressure on that front end.

Fuel additives are important too. Model airplane fuel with a minimum of 50% nitro is recommended. Slack off on the oil ratio too. Oil doesn't burn and will just slow you down. I like the 1000:1 ratio for top performance. But watch your plug color.

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yes... Pluc color is very important when running that much nitro with that little oil... I keep an extra spark plug duck taped to my handlebars so I can see if it's changing colors while riding, it always looks to be a little on the lean side but I hadn't blown an engine yet so I must be doing something right... and if the spark plug does get the wrong color, I keep a small bottle of touch up paint in my tool bag just in case...

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have found huge gains by inflating the tire with pre-lightened air as well. I save at least 60lbs per tire by having all the air pre expanded and deheavilized before inflation.
Another route to investigate is the potential gains from adding magnetic levitation bearings to the flywheel for friction free acceleration with none of the drag conventional roller mains usually impart.
I figure a 9v battery and a few superconducting magnets is all you need....

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
You guys are spot on with plug color. Just make sure and paint on the proper color BEFORE holding it wide open for extended runs. As far as mag lev bearings I found they made the time dilation even worse combined with my running the fuel line past the magneto. I actually wrote this last week and had to wait for the appropriate time to post this for relevance.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I just discovered something after maniac mentioned a 9V battery. I hooked one up to the 'white wire' and actually broke my speedometer. I guess it was only meant to go to 99 mph and anything over that stressed the electronics. Now all it displays is the words, "Oh Wow".

Tom