Anyone game for motorizing one of these..?

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Gearing that puppy would be a challenge. And where do you buy tires and tubes, or spokes, or rims? Will a China Girl fit in that Men's frame? Hard to tell from the photo.
Just noticed it says, 'Schwinn' on the saddle. What's that all about?
Let us know when you start this project, Shan. :)

Tom

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Gearing that puppy would be a challenge. And where do you buy tires and tubes, or spokes, or rims? Will a China Girl fit in that Men's frame? Hard to tell from the photo.
Just noticed it says, 'Schwinn' on the saddle. What's that all about?
Let us know when you start this project, Shan. :)

Tom
LOL.......

After you my friend....!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Thanks alot Map. You know we have a disease, and now you've introduced a new symptom into the group. Iv'e gotta go. Need to work out a sling-shot starting mechanism for this thing...
Maybe a pulse jet just to get-ur rolling and then lay on the china girl throttle for all its worth....lol!

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
a buddy of mine has an old diesel geni/welder that he's been thinking of putting the motor on... i think something like this would be just the ticket! and you know the motor would have more than enough sack to get it movin! where can these bikes be found? i've seen the 32's at walmart, but they look kinda junky... although... they do seem like they would have a pretty good top end speed...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I've seen those on ebay before too... but only the ladies' frame. That would be an interesting project to get the engine to fit, then it would need a 56 or 60 tooth rear sprocket at least...

redneck82

May 25, 2014
concord, nh
this may be a stupid question, but... couldn't you mount the motor above the top rail? use the top rail and the seat post rather than the down tube and the seat post... you could put a seat mounted tank on it and still maintain gravity feed for the fuel... it appears to have plenty of clearance for direct drive...
you could use the lower section of frame for an electrical system for lighting... battery box etc...

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Somebody on youtube did just that, mounted a chainsaw engine to the top rail and it looked like it fit good and was plenty enough out of the way from rider interfearance.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That would make an awesome MB for parades. Very cool bike. Thanks for posting, Map. Now I want one.

We really need a 12:1 step group

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Maybe I can get an address and see if I can see it in person tho before making the $600 plunge.. or at least give a full report in case anyone else is considering one for motorizing...

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=582329&postcount=82

The shifting is internal in the bottom bracket. You tap the side of the crank on the left or right to shift up or down. A small flat lever that moves about 1/2"
According their web site it has a 3-speed internal coaster brake and 1-piece cranks.

http://www.cokercycles.com/monster-crusier/monster-cruiser-mens-red

If it wasn't for how close the downbar is to the seat tube a jackshafted 66cc would move it fine, but I don't see one fitting.

They are $700 on the companies web site, replacement tires are $70 - $80.
Too steep for my blood.