motorized bicycles vs EMP

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Re: Motorized Bicycle vs EMP

depends on the design really, people used to shoplift quite effectively from walmart and other stores with RF detectors by lining a bag with tinfoil. It has a specific name, and is listed in the "A" cook book (it's illegal to have), but just a random tin foil hat generally follows a parabolic shape and will focus right dead center in your brain.

Of course when it comes to an EMP discharge tin foil would be less than useful, I imagine if you're close enough to one it would have an effect very similar to tinfoil in the microwave (which is pretty spectacular, but... not recommended)

ummm since when is it illigal to own a book ? i have many versions of the jolly roger and the anarcist cook book, the army has its own version they give away to soldiers for free !

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.

Roles/dialogue indicated by (#1), (#2), etc as characters appear.

Scene opens....

Minutes after twilight, barely a glow on the horizon, stars coming out.

[F/X] The sound of wind.

High shot coming in on a building at a crossroads in open/rural area. As shot tightens, old gas station sign can be made out, along with pump island and a man hunkered down on the roof of a four-bay service station. He's holding something beside his head. Shot continues to tighten until it closes on the man's head and shoulders (back to the camera). Beside him is a telescope on a stand. He appears to be holding a gramophone cone to his ear, panning side to side a little. He stops, tracks back a little. He pulls the cone aside, and sticks a slightly greasy finger in his ear and wiggles it. He raises the cone again and listens. He suddenly lowers the cone and attaches it to the gramophone. As he winds it he starts shouting.

(#1) "He's coming! He's coming! Get the door up!"

The needle hits the vinyl and the first bell toll of AC/DC's "****'s Bells" rings out as he runs for the ladder (out of shot). (Song continues in background).

Camera pans back towards crossroad. The sound of two stroke engine starts to climb. It resolves into three separate motor sounds, one being pushed hard, and two smaller ones almost idling. Out of the dusk comes a motorbicycle, no lights. Twin handlebar mounted light chainsaws (12" blades) chatter. Suddenly a shape lurches out of the darkness from the side. The rider twists his left hand (for the saw throttles) and the small saws rev to screaming as the left one takes a rotting arm off just above the elbow.

Camera shot from inside auto shop bay. Overhead door is open, hand held floodlights sweep the growing darkness as the bike grows closer. A zombie staggers towards the open door, a pair of people rush out and cut it down just as the bike clears the parking lot entrance. It screams across the parking lot and the rider and two guards dive under the already closing door.

[F/X] Overhead door rattling shut and locking.

Motorbicycle revs, coughs, and dies. Rider throws kickstand down and pulls off helmet.

(#2 - Older man) "Did you get it?"

(#3 - Rider) (coughs, catching breath). "Yeah. But there's bad news. Since the PartZmart burned out - "

(#4) "Hey, I said I was sorry! In-destructable means you can't break it, so in-flammable shouldn't burn!"

(#3) "Shut up, (#4) or I'll -"

(#2) "Enough! Did. You. Get. It?"

(#3) "Yeah, here." Rider takes a satchel off the handlebars and hands it over. "But here's the problem. That's the last one. There's no more to be found for at least four hours in any direction."

(#2) (Sighs.) "Well, that tears it. We've got to do it." Pulls a bottle out of the bag.

(#4) "You don't mean..."

(#3) "Oh no..."

(#2) "Yep, I know. But if this truly is the last bottle of Opti-2 in the county, then we're going to have to move."

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

ummm since when is it illigal to own a book ? i have many versions of the jolly roger and the anarcist cook book, the army has its own version they give away to soldiers for free !
"the anarchist cookbook" was wriyten buy a rich kid who's dad was a us diplomat. many people believe it was intended as misinformation to hurt the youth movement. a lot of the "recipes" are incomplete, leaving out important steps that could get you blown up, poisoned, or arrested.

just sayin...

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Har, lol CT

"(#4) "Hey, I said I was sorry! In-destructable means you can't break it, so in-flammable shouldn't burn!"

(#3) "Shut up, (#4) or I'll -"

(#2) "Enough! Did. You. Get. It?"

(#3) "Yeah, here." Rider takes a satchel off the handlebars and hands it over. "But here's the problem. That's the last one. There's no more to be found for at least four hours in any direction."

(#2) (Sighs.) "Well, that tears it. We've got to do it." Pulls a bottle out of the bag.

(#4) "You don't mean..."

(#3) "Oh no..."

(#2) "Yep, I know. But if this truly is the last bottle of Opti-2 in the county, then we're going to have to move."

That's gonna crack Tom up.
...and is an exciting promotional opportunity.

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo

Been in the woods for a few days, get back to find this thread headed for the moon. My simple suggestion for an "Oder eaters"sponsorship seems, somehow, earthbound.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
We gotta make this movie! Is to funny. I am going to send this thread to every college theater dept. I can think of.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I thought I'd kept up with this thread but somehow missed the last page until today.

Just more confirmation that I need to stock up on Opti. The rental place I buy mine seems to be going downhill. He only had one container on the shelf last time I was there. My guess is more people than me have read this thread.

And Dan, Even the radios on the Enola Gay would have still worked. They used vacuum tubes, no transistors.

Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It's probably my lousy Internet provider, Century Link. The page won't load past their home page. Keeps saying, "error on page". Rats! Don't know why I keep putting up with paying these people for poor service. Couldn't be my six year old computer. I mean, hey, it's only six years old...................:( Our refrigerator is over twenty. It still works just fine.

Tom

UP Rider

Jun 29, 2014
Upper Peninsula MI
LOL I want one ( the Survival Cycle that is ) ................ only thing I have around me though is black bears, coyote, and wild turkey, not the drinkin kind mind you ...... Zombie animals anywhere in this movie ? And would you have to contact ARF when filming their scenes ?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
UP, if ya look really close. That bike has a cross bow and tomahawk mount! Really could take on coyote and bird. Not sure about bear, though.

This is from way back but some one posted about getting chased by a bear. Was so funny. (Not to him at the time, I'm sure)

But you make a good point. The only thing missing is a sheath for a shotgun. Good for both bear and zombie alike.

Zombie bears! (hehe, bad Disney movie idea)