Hi there, new here.

GoldenMotor.com

fabgear

Jul 28, 2013
Southfield, MI
Hello everyone,

My name is Jeff. I'm 40, been messing with or tearing things apart/ rebuilding them since I can remember. I'm an artist and a luthier, I have my own guitar repair and customization business called FabGear where most of my work is replicating celebrity guitars.

As of late, life circumstances and family health issues (both my mom and my aunt, her sister, are suffering from non curable forms of cancer). this has made me want something to "distract' me and give me a project I could work on; something different than what I've been doing recently and something that may be a positive in a time of negatives.

That is what has brought me here. I've started amassing some parts and information in order to start my own project, as well as picking up someone else's castoff project I was going to originally strip for parts for my own and in the process I found this forum and decided that it would be a good idea to join.

I appreciate all the information everyone here has collected and I'll try as I'm working on my own project(s) to not ask too many questions that others have asked before.... I'm a member of many established forums and I know how annoying that can be.

Thanks.

-Jeff

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Welcome to the forum Jeff! It sounds like you will be able to get right into this. Keep in mind, the same thing that makes it so much fun, is the same thing that can get you skinned up pretty good; It's a bicycle with a motor on it. Pay attention to detail, and keep it all tightened up.
You will find plenty of help here, if you have a question, ask. Good luck!

Inky

Jul 27, 2013
Arizona
Welcome to the forum Jeff!
Don't worry about asking questions, that's what this forum is for; the exchange of information. Just use the search bar to see if it's been asked before and if not post it! Everyone here is friendly and will be more than happy to help, myself included.

Again welcome! Good luck with your build

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome Jeff.
Restoring guitars would be a talent that requires attention to detail. You'll fit right in with this hobby and please share some photos of your upcoming project.
Pay attention to the details and you'll be well on your way to a successful motorized bike. We're always here to help you if you need it. Just research or ask.

Have fun, ride safe.

Tom

fabgear

Jul 28, 2013
Southfield, MI
Thanks, everyone. Tom, I will... it should be a cruiser parts bike when I'm done, and I've posted this afternoon in the road bike section about the bike I got in part of my deal for the motor for my initial project and what to end up doing with that.