hello from splendora TX \m/ >.< \m/

GoldenMotor.com

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Hello fellow MBers, I'm dethmetal mike from splendora TX. I'm new to motorized biking, finished my first build about a week ago \m/. Is a 93 huffy sledge hammer mountain bike with a 80cc kit bought from boygofast. Started out as a 24 inch bike but back wheel was bent so I pirated a 20 in wheel from a abandoned disney princess bike ( pink rim with white tire ). Did the trick for replacment as bonus had coaster brake so allowed me to set the bike up how I wanted - coaster in the back and hand brake in the front. Spray paint and new tire took care of colors and in the end was left with a sweet starting point. Was a riot to ride for the less than half day it lasted. Bearings fell out from the clutch and chewed up my gears both big and small and now it won't run at all. Totally cool though - ordering me a replacement engingine tomorrowand should have it back on the road before end of next week.

Anyways was also wondering if there were any of you out there from my neck o the woods here in north houston. I am hoping to findd some locals to tool around with. And maybee find a local dealer as I can tell I will be heavily moding my new ride heavily .wee.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
A pic of my bike - the only one I can upload atm - I've gotten new handle bars since this picture. I didn't dig the bull horns, no to mention my controls had to be backwards so I swapped for a strait bar with 5 in rise - much more comfortable \m/

Attachments

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Thanks man - I dig it too :p - little history on the bike. My mom bought me that bike back in 93 new and I never rode it ( always had a car to get around and I live miles from nowhere). Was originally a 18 speed. Over the years it has had a ridiculous amount of stuff piled on top of it and was totally forgotten about. About a month ago I learned of these kits you could get and thought wow since I was stoopid young I've always wanted a motor on my bicycle - I always thought it would look killer. So I called up moms and asked her if she still had it and of course she said yes and if I wanted I could come get it. I wasted no time and drove over there and picked it up and tossed it in the trunk and took it home.
The first time I rode it I discovered the back rim had been bent horribly from all the junk piled on it and although I made everal attemts to true it up it was just too bad. So, I scrapped it along with both derailers and pirated the 20in disney princess wheel with coaster brake and shortened the chain. Rode perfect and plus I dug the stance.
Then I sprayed the frame, stickers and all, and the pink rim a glorious shade of flat black. Then I ordered the first kit I ran across on ebay - an all black boygofast slant head.
The kit arrived on a wednesday night at 7 and was on the bike and ready to rock by 11pm that same night. Had a head gasket issue but thanks to this forum I was aable to custom make one from a monster can I had. Was too late to take it out so like a kid on christmas I had trouble getting to sleep. The next morning I got up and messed around for an hour or two (didn't wanna upset the neighbors at 7am) and took the bike out for first test ride after naking sure I has every thing tight and gassing up with my already mixed weed whacker gas. It cranked with no problems first try and I was immediately pleased as I thought it was gonna be a turd when I ordered it. Had no problem hauling me around.
I had decided to see if it would make it to the stor which is 2 miles from my house. I made it there no problems keeping it bout half throttle. On my way back bout half way I heard popping noises from the clutch/ gear side so I shut it down and peddled the last mile back to the house. Immediately upon returning to my house I removed the cover to find metal shavings and ball bearings all inside the cover.
I ordered replacement parts and slapped it back together but can't get it to fire up so I am ordering another engine tomorrow and will be back on the road by end of next week(super excited again). As for the not running motor I'm gonna tear it down and do what I can to bullet proof it and do all the sweet porting mods to it so when I grenade the second one I will has a sik spare.
And that's where I am atm and will be posting updates along the way

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Wooooohoooooo - just spoke with duane on the phone and will deffinately be ordering my replacement from him in the morning. \m/ >.< \m/ his motor is deffinately more than I gave for the last one but the warranty more than makes up for it. I am looking forward to dealing more with him as he was pleasant on the phone and had no problems helping me out

Duane - you are the best man and have to say joining this forum was best thing that could have happened to me regarding my MB - you rawk man

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Hello mr saddletramp - I've been looking for folks like yourself what part of N/E houston - and will deff be seeking advise on rebuilding my bgf grenade - also od like to ride with fellow MBers from are area so do you know of any organizations from our area
Thanks

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Turn off the bike and step to the building. Hands where we can see them. Aldine is were I'm at. Police,all over. Don't bother them, they won't bother you. (c) I will help in any way I can :)

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Turn off the bike and step to the building. Hands where we can see them. Aldine is were I'm at. Police,all over. Don't bother them, they won't bother you. (c) I will help in any way I can :)
"Holds my hands high and trys to explain why I don't have insurance any praying I don't get another dang ticket"
Nice man hahahaha I plan to use this 2 wheel deth machine to run my route in the woodlands ( oak ridge, shannendoah ) and tool around where I live (splendora, patton village, roman forrest) where the cops seem to love my hard earned overtime cash - so funny lived in shreveport LA for 8 years with no license, insurance, tags, inspection - only once did I get in trouble (never pulled over and if ya ask nice ill point ya to the cause) then I move back home, pay a ridiculous amount of money to get my license back after 10 years of suspension just to get pulled over again 2 days after my insurance runs out and have the dang thing suspended again nice

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Been riding "deth" machines 50+ years. Only time I get stopped is when a Cop asks me where to get one for his kids birthday. It's all in how you ride. (c)

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Update - just made my order with duane and crew which should put me back on the street sometime monay-tuesdayish \m/ >.< \m/ wooooo hoooo like a kid on christmas

Would like to say thanks to all who have responded and welcomed me and my 2 wheel deth machine
And special omfg thanks to thatsdax.com - you guys are the best were super willing to answer any questions and look for parts that I didn't find on your site - duane and his crew are top notch in my book and have earned a lifelong customer dance1
Will post nother update when I get her mounted and at least nother mile or so on her