My Bike And My Engine Kit Came Today

GoldenMotor.com

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
They were there when I got home. I put the bicycle together in about ten minutes just to look at it... I'm going to it a LBS tomorrow to have her tuned and put together real nice. While I'm there, I might as well ask them to do a dust cover mod for me since I don't have any power tools for this sorta thing.

The dust cover is a one-piece aluminum job and all I have is a hand file. Would a pair of tin snips and a file do the trick? I tried to file out the center of the sprocket for about an hour and a half but didn't make too much progress.

I'm really happy about getting my stuff today, I don't think I'll sleep much!

TwoWalks

Jul 13, 2008
Sonora Ca.
The dust cover is a one-piece aluminum job and all I have is a hand file. Would a pair of tin snips and a file do the trick? I tried to file out the center of the sprocket for about an hour and a half but didn't make too much progress.
Congratulations on the new arrival. It will take a little work and care but Yes, you can do the dust cover with tin snips and a file. It took me only about 20 minutes to realize the Sprocket Mod was not going to do it. rotfl

Smoothe

Sep 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I just thought my hard work would pay off. It did: I have nice blisters on my fingers from filing last night. I will upload pics today as soon as figure it out. Now it's off to the hardware store for some flat head bolts!