My Own Ride

GoldenMotor.com

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I made my own brackets for the fenders where they bolt to the frame. The factory ones are paper thin. Other than that the pedals are the only problem I had. i replaced them with steel Schwinn ones.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I made my own brackets for the fenders where they bolt to the frame. The factory ones are paper thin. Other than that the pedals are the only problem I had. i replaced them with steel Schwinn ones.
Oh that's good. I didn't mean to sound like a know it all, but the fender stays are almost always trouble. They don't fail instantly though. High speed vibration takes it's toll. If you do like I do, and keep an eye on them you'll probably avoid trouble.

I had to remove the rear fender on one of my bikes after I noticed cracking.

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Oh that's good. I didn't mean to sound like a know it all, but the fender stays are almost always trouble. They don't fail instantly though. High speed vibration takes it's toll. If you do like I do, and keep an eye on them you'll probably avoid trouble.

I had to remove the rear fender on one of my bikes after I noticed cracking.
Im gonna bet it was the Micargi Rover you had to do that with....lol.....the two reasons I say that is earlier I saw a thread posted by you about building it....then I posted about my fenders failing on the thread I saw yours mentioned in.....a fellow asking about a Rover GX he saw advertised by a vendor here.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Looks like mine. I took all the Panama Jack stuff, and I think either way, it's a great looking bike. I like how your engine is painted. I look forward to painting mine in the same way. I'm having too much fun riding it right now, though!!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Im gonna bet it was the Micargi Rover you had to do that with....lol.....the two reasons I say that is earlier I saw a thread posted by you about building it....then I posted about my fenders failing on the thread I saw yours mentioned in.....a fellow asking about a Rover GX he saw advertised by a vendor here.
That micargi's fenders were a worry, but the fenders I bought for my Cadillac started cracking too.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I want to see your ride. Not just see it, like in the picture. I want to also hear it. Can you make a movie of you riding it? Maybe even with it just idling? I just want to compare and contrast.

Thank you

Here is my Youtube channel. You can find a couple of videos of my build on it. Since then, I have flipped the handlebars around again and bent the seat backwards a bit. It rides a lot more comfortable.

My youtube channel